User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't get defected

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate.. You were spot on everything you described is what is happening at the moment.

Will replacing the castor correction bushes and panhard rod bushes fix the problem?

I also have the kits for the swivel hubs and front and rear bearings as I thought that was the cause at first should I replace them all aswell?, its an 2007 3lt but its only got 41,000km on the clock..
    " LIFE'S BEST SPENT IN THE BUSH "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reidy View Post
    Thanks mate.. You were spot on everything you described is what is happening at the moment. Will replacing the castor correction bushes and panhard rod bushes fix the problem? I also have the kits for the swivel hubs and front and rear bearings as I thought that was the cause at first should I replace them all aswell?, its an 2007 3lt but its only got 41,000km on the clock..
    If the panhard rod bushes are worn after you turn a corner the front will feel like it wonders, as in you turn and it feels like a delay before the wheels follow. If your wheel bearings are noisy or the seals a stuffed change them, if the seals are ok just adjust the wheels bearings if they are loose coz they will affect the alignment aswell. The rear wheel bearings need special tools to be fitted and the lock nut that holds it needs to be torqued up to 200ft/lb so not a job you can do at home ( unless you have a proper work shop set up)

Yes, the castor correction bushes should correct the alignment but when you have them fitted make sure the mushroom bush at the rear of the radius arms are not perished so change them while the arms are out. Your goal with the caster correction is to rotate the diff close to the factory position

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alitis007 For This Useful Post:

Reidy (10th May 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate you are spot on again!!

When turning it feels as though its having a half hearted go and then all of a sudden whips around. No noise from the bearings at all but D/S has a bit of play so I will just give them a tighten up. I will put the new panhard bushes in tomorrow hopefully, and adjust the bearings. The radius arm bushes will have to wait till I have someone to help me I think. The picture you attached mate is that rear bearing's?

Again thanks for your help and advice mate I appreciate the help. Hopefully can shout you a beer or 10 someday..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reidy For This Useful Post:

Alitis007 (10th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right there is another good reason why being a participating forum member is so much better than just grabbing a workshop manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

04OFF (11th May 2014), Alitis007 (10th May 2014), Avo (10th May 2014), Reidy (10th May 2014), Sherro (22nd September 2014), Woof (11th May 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate you are spot on again!! When turning it feels as though its having a half hearted go and then all of a sudden whips around. No noise from the bearings at all but D/S has a bit of play so I will just give them a tighten up. I will put the new panhard bushes in tomorrow hopefully, and adjust the bearings. The radius arm bushes will have to wait till I have someone to help me I think. The picture you attached mate is that rear bearing's? Again thanks for your help and advice mate I appreciate the help. Hopefully can shout you a beer or 10 someday..
    Nah mate those bearing torque settings under the alignment spec's are for the engine internals, that pic i took was from my "bible" its a service book i use to tell me everything i need to know when i'm servicing customers cars. And no dramas mate, hopefully around a good fire too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Right there is another good reason why being a participating forum member is so much better than just grabbing a workshop manual. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A little bit of experience helps more than words on a paper/screen lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha ha righto mate. Shows how much I know at the moment.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha ha righto mate. Shows how much I know at the moment.
    Dw you'll get there, we all started somewhere mate. Before you can diagnose and repair something you need to understand how it works. On the tool experience helps but with out that understanding its pretty hard

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alitis007 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (11th May 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well I got the fixit bug now so should have bit more know how eventually. . Hey mate what type of castor correction bush do you recommend?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think usually the 2degree ones are the go, not sure if they come in rubber or not but i've seen a few in noelethane. I'm not sure what is available on the market coz i haven't had a need to look for them for the time being maybe some one who does might be able to steer you towards a good type or brand to use. There are tons of threads about 2" lifts on this forum so just have a quick search and do some reading. If you still have trouble start a new thread asking whats best BUT i highly recommend you search the forum first, not only will you get a better understanding about the lift process but it might also answer any question you have about it in the future

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well I got the fixit bug now so should have bit more know how eventually. . Hey mate what type of castor correction bush do you recommend?
    We actually do a caster bush kit for GUs. They are a 2 degree polyurethane. 1144SK is the part number, $121.00 RRP.

Cheers,

Matt
    Ironman 4x4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast