Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't get defected

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get defected

Ironman 4x4 suspension kits are 100% certified road legal, up to 50mm. Don’t risk being taken off the road for non-compliant components!

In the recent weeks Ironman 4x4 has received notice of isolated incidents of 4WD vehicles fitted with Ironman 4x4 aftermarket suspension components (particularly those fitted with our adjustable Panhard rods) receiving defect notices for the use of these components. Unfortunately these occurrences appear to be a result of a lack of knowledge on the part of Highway Patrol officers.

We have received acknowledgement from Queensland Transport that there is no case for issuing a defect notice on vehicles fitted with Ironman 4x4 suspension kits and associated components up to 50mm raised.

To ensuring this misunderstanding doesn't inconvenience others in the future Ironman 4x4 have produced a Certificate of Compliance which you can provide to any authorities who are not aware of our product compliance.

Download the Certificate of Compliance here:http://www.ironman4x4.com/downloads/...Compliance.jpg

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ironman 4x4 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (1st May 2014), Avo (2nd May 2014), DX grunt (11th May 2014), Family4x4 (1st May 2014), growler2058 (1st May 2014), MEGOMONSTER (1st May 2014), menace 2 (6th May 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (1st May 2014), oncedisturbed (1st May 2014), Sherro (2nd May 2014), threedogs (1st May 2014), tikashooter (1st May 2014), Winnie (1st May 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it that some cops feel they have to be so forking righteous in defecting 4x4's that to any normal person would barely look any higher than standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Why is it that some cops feel they have to be so forking righteous in defecting 4x4's that to any normal person would barely look any higher than standard? Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    If there out looking to do defects, that's exactly what they'll do.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Why is it that some cops feel they have to be so forking righteous in defecting 4x4's that to any normal person would barely look any higher than standard?

The ironic thing is that the vehicle could even be at stock height but using our panhards and they were defecting them.

We've pulled together this to ensure it doesn't happen to anyone else. Our products were designed to be stronger and better than factory spec equivelents, using our components would actually make you car safer. So to help out our customers we've done what we can to ensure you can fight back. Just make sure to print out a copy of the Certificate of Compliance and carry that with you, especially if you are in QLD.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman 4x4 For This Useful Post:

Sherro (22nd September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work, you guys should be commended for doing something about this, most other manufacturers/distributers seem un deterred that people get defected for 100% legal products.

As I have found out myself personally, even DOT are defecting cars with little justification, I know its their job, but they do not have to show proof of why your modification/s do not meet requirements, all they have to do is defect you, and YOU have to go get proof that your mods meet the current standards.

So basically, they "guess" your mods do not meet the standards, but don't have to look at any paperwork/rules to confirm what the "actual" rules are, don't measure or examine your car correctly, or at all, simply just give you a defect.......... then YOU, have to go get it cleared, and prove there was NOTHING wrong or illegal about the modification in the first place...........................What a complete load of BS !

And to top all this off, if you live in QLD, you now have 1 defect registered against your car (for no actual legitimate reason at all), and if you get another defect within a few years, they can confiscate your car for 7 days !

I now feel compelled to keep a whole heap of paperwork in my glove box, all the facts about ADRs and Australian Standards relating to my car, this way I can hopefully "educate" the next person that wants to unjustly give me a defect
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Winnie (1st May 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    If there out looking to do defects, that's exactly what they'll do.
    Yes but wouldn't you make sure your officers were properly trained instead of going off half cocked....if I got a defect and had to catch a cab home there'd be legal shizen going off all over the place. QLD rozzas seem to be a whole other breed of both ignorant and stupid (a very dangerous combination) At least in Victoria we don't have the same sort of troubles......anything that gets defected is generally bloody obviously so......and if you keep your ride tidy and looking well cared for they generally don't seem too bothered. Just the flogs with crazy lift and massive tyres that tend to get nailed......sorry Daz.......hehehe Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The jacks here tend to go to vicroads "trade" nights and are given a brief description of whats deemed to be illegal. If you do your research and make sure you are within the "legal" tolerances and you genuinely explain to the officer whats right and wrong they tend to leave you alone. BUT sometimes they're just trying to fill their quoter for the weekend, i've been defected on one of my other cars and the officer grabbed a book from his car and said straight out " see this book!? It needs to be filled by Monday morning and your just another number on the list! "
    All you can do is prey you get a honest individual that wants to do the right thing and you'll most likely get a verbal warning, if they know what they're talking about.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From reading this thread and speaking to a couple of mates it seems to me vicroads, dot, police etc see 4x4 drivers as easy targets
    we drive large cars easily visible and with accessories fitted it must seem to them we all must have a lot of coin so why not
    pull us over for supposedly driving defected vehicles and relieve us of some of this vast amount of coin we all seem to have.
    Any way that's my two cents worth.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ironman 4x4x,
    I have just put a 2" lift of yours in my 07 Gu Patrol and the steering feels very light and therig seems to walk side ways a bit. Would castor correction bushes fix this problem and if so how do I know what bushes to get.

The steering dampner has been replaced aswell. Im trying to find time to do the front end bearings and seals?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds as if yours might be one of the vehicles in which a 50mm lift can put castor out enough to be annoying. I'll be interested to hear the response as I'm considering some sort of castor correction and none of the three options are particularly great.

1. Castor bushes, generally flog out pretty quickly 2. Correction plates......???
    3. Drop boxes, probably a bit extreme for 50mm but also reduce clearance.....less if an issue if your lift is 100mm
    4. Drop arms etc. Ideal but expensive.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast