Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Getting MORE from your photos !

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On the receipt: Dismantle faulty camera as required. Clean CCD Sensor, shutter and mirror box housing, mirror and sub mirror, view finder, fresnell and prism assembly.

Test image clarity and adjust back focus.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, right ..................guess the important thing is they were able to fix it. Expensive?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was around $250.

Using the sports setting as with my previous pics, pre accidental shock, you can see, the pics are still noisy and soft. So I am up for another camera. Had to try though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mudnut; 18th December 2020 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Musk Lorikeet was 30 metres away. Shutter 1/2000 F6.3. Iso on auto. After a bit of cropping and adjustment to light, clarity and colour. It was windy and overcast. Still a soft focus, even with the focal point at the centre of the lens.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mudnut, I believe you are using the same lens as me aren't you? (Sigma150-600) Have you set it up with the Sigma software? Looks to me like the focus is a bit out, plus the lack of light has resulted in a higher ISO giving some grain?

This pic, was taken at a similar distance & quite heavily cropped. Nothing else done to it other than cropping. F6.3 1/640sec (leaning against a post to help steady myself) . ISO 100 (enough light at 1/640) Taken at full extension of the lens (600mm). Not suggesting it's anything but a pretty ordinary pic, but just to show that you should be able get things a bit less soft. Or do you think your camera focus is still a bit off since the repair?

Male Red Winged Parrot
    DSC05088.jpeg
    Last edited by Cuppa; 29th January 2021 at 01:57 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

04OFF (30th January 2021), mudnut (29th January 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where did you get the sigma software, Cuppa. Has it caused any problems with you computer, or lens. I also have to buy the usb dock. I am very wary of downloading off the the interwebs.

Looking back through my pics (post dropping the camera), I found this quick snap, Sports mode. That came out almost perfect. It seems I am at fault. Also as an update on the above pic. I found I had knocked the Focus range switch and the image stabilizer switch to the on position while the camera was on the tripod. Duh!
    Last edited by mudnut; 29th January 2021 at 05:37 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

04OFF (30th January 2021), Cuppa (19th April 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Yes when you have setting on the lens as well as on the camera it can be hard to be fluent enough to get things right at the time of the shot. Regular practice is needed if like me you have periods when the camera only gets infrequent use, it's a whole learning curve again. The software downloads & are worthwhile. I'd love to be able to explain how, but I'm due for a re-learning curve after a relative camera hiatus of a number of months! Essentially though it does allow you to adjust settings to better suit your own style. Yep you'll need the USB dock, I don't think it's that expensive, but cant remember that for definite either.Bought it at the same time as the lens. Need to play around with the lens for a while & then make changes one at a time - trial & error style to see what you like.

https://www.sigma-global.com/en/down...imization-pro/
    Last edited by Cuppa; 29th January 2021 at 08:51 PM.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

mudnut (29th January 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cheers, Cuppa. That's done. Now to get the dock and also find the lens user manual.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I took over 50 pics on all different settings, to get this one snap. Unstabilised 75-300mm lens on auto scene recognition.

I had a lot of trouble getting the camera to give a sharp focus on any setting. I even wiped all the settings I changed, back to factory default.

Musk Lorikeet on WA Flowering Gum.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MB (4th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That must be so frustrating! I'd have liked to see a stabilised shot of that too. How much has been cropped? What does 'auto scene' do in terms of settings (should be on the photo info)

I don't know what the problem is but summat's not right. You know from that last bird pic you posted that the camera can do better than this. The focus is not that far off, but looking around the entire photo none of it is crisp.

How about taking a few shots from just a short distance, of anything with clean straight lines, furniture, windows or something, well lit. Straight lines but keep it simple with not a lot of detail . Not sure if it will help, but it should be easier to get a clean crisp image, just to prove that it can be done (hopefully). Trying it with each lens you have too wont do any harm. If you get some satisfactory results , maybe then go back to experimenting with settings.

Mind you if you think that's all crap, it quite possibly is as I feel like I'm clutching at straws.

Another thought. Can you borrow another similar camera off someone & go out for a shoot with both to compare results? Or go together & swap cameras.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

MB (4th February 2021), mudnut (4th February 2021)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast