Page 71 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Clunk (18th May 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    And still no long arms.....
    Nah mate I'm too scared!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    Have they fixed the issue of the shock rotating and busting off the remote line?

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Yeah not sure Kallen, did cross my mind though and will be keeping an eye on them for sure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (18th May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Nah mate I'm too scared!
    If I can have everything go my way I will have new shocks, springs, front arms, long arms, 37's, tray mods, gears, front locked and tray mods before September although I think I'm being a little optimistic lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I can have everything go my way I will have new shocks, springs, front arms, long arms, 37's, tray mods, gears, front locked and tray mods before September although I think I'm being a little optimistic lol
    That's an awesome list. You WILL need a winch if you want to play in Vic mate. Different game down this way but great fun.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Already have a high mount just got to fit it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Already have a high mount just got to fit it.
    Perfect! I know a guy that knows a bit about those

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah you could not get it in.

It came with a bolt kit and bolts up from underneath the shock towers. See the pics I posted and you can see the bolts in place.

I'll jump on my phone and post the pic again via tappa.

Really impressed with the brace!! If you have a body lift or a ute then you should not leave home without one!

I was looked after in this project no doubt but have no obligation tomSuperior to spruce this item but it is simply awesome!
    Thanks MR, should have looked at the Superior link you put up........ spotted the other bolt on bracing kit that I was thinking about but still doesn't attach to the chassis...... I remember an engineer post up pics of the design in here a while back.

MCCrappatappalot signing in!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Thanks MR, should have looked at the Superior link you put up........ spotted the other bolt on bracing kit that I was thinking about but still doesn't attach to the chassis...... I remember an engineer post up pics of the design in here a while back.

MCCrappatappalot signing in!!!

Yeah the idea is that the Tower Caps are already welded to the side of the chassis and rely on the gussets welded to the side of the chassis rail to hold down the tower cap and therefore add a heap of shear force to those welds.

By installing either to top brace as I have or the bolt on kit you are relieving the welds and supporting the tower caps from th e outer edge and reducing the counterlever shear force. The tower brace featured here completely relieves the counter leave and turns it into a spanning element.

Really impressed with both concepts to be honest! Props to Superior Engineering.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (18th May 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perfect! I know a guy that knows a bit about those
    It's not a guy with the name metcalfe is it? I'm not sure how far I want to go with it probably a mild twin motor setup.

Page 71 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast