Thread: MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah Rapid Fix is pretty good but not this good. The point load would be Massive.

I have taken it to Brett at 4Wd Obsession yesterday and he will see about getting it revelled and back braced for me.

Should be back together in a couple of weeks
    How much is just that housing worth if you can buy it on its own???

I think you should invest in one of those PTO winches seeing as you broke the high mount lol.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    How much is just that housing worth if you can buy it on its own???

I think you should invest in one of those PTO winches seeing as you broke the high mount lol.
    Yeah I will see how it welds up. I think it was the lack of back bracing of the housing at that point. If you look at the front bracing going to the point of mounting you can see its all about the front.

Brett will sort out some better bracing in there and it should repair up fine.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    With the amount of mud everywhere else it would be interesting to see how much mud has built up in your bellhousing
    Yeah I don't think I want to know!! I fitted a new clutch to this car when I first bought it for the RWC in 2003 and have flogged the clutch ever since! Astounded it is still strong! Touch wood damn it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    I wonder how much all the mud weighs ???

Mate all this work for a little splash in a puddy muddle..... ??
    The last time I did this track it caused me to do the strip down at the front of this build thread and 2 years off the road!! I am coming up to 6 months since this trip this time! Bloody Feral Mate!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't think I want to know!! I fitted a new clutch to this car when I first bought it for the RWC in 2003 and have flogged the clutch ever since! Astounded it is still strong! Touch wood damn it!!
    hahaha, yeh I was very surprised of the amount that was in mine when I rebuild the gearbox, mud is evil and as much as I loved playing in it my bank account isn't big enough to keep repairing things
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    hahaha, yeh I was very surprised of the amount that was in mine when I rebuild the gearbox, mud is evil and as much as I loved playing in it my bank account isn't big enough to keep repairing things
    Hell yeah Bog a holes Cost money!!! It's like sitting in quick sand and spinning you wheels in $50 notes!

Replaced my share of Alternators, aircon compressors, water pump, starter motor, etc etc!! Every item there is over $500 damn it!

Mud sux!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, there is a place about half hour drive from here referred 2 as the DropZone, Its military land and has a fair few tracks with bog holes, there could be no rain for months but this place will still have bog holes Should see the place after a week or so of rain
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 28th April 2013 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah Bog a holes Cost money!!! It's like sitting in quick sand and spinning you wheels in $50 notes!

Replaced my share of Alternators, aircon compressors, water pump, starter motor, etc etc!! Every item there is over $500 damn it!

Mud sux!!
    That's why I play on the rocks lol
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

Winnie (28th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep I used to think mud was awesome..... deep down I still do but nothing better than climbing a steep as rocky hill!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer to do an extreme technical drive over a winch exercise every day!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you end up speaking to Danny re the damper?

Page 65 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast