Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Geezus Daz, I’d be in tears.
    Sorry to see this mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (5th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that sucks mate, good luck with getting it all back together for Tassie..

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (5th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be right mate. The gq has nothing to them getting it apart.
    I gutted mine one morning after night shift lol.
    Good luck and test the loom before you put everything back together!!

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (6th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I have neglected this thread somewhat!!!

With a Bail out from Matty, who is a Fucking Legend by the way! We got the GQ back on the road and ready for the second trip to Tassie. I found a full Body Loom for $400 and was going to do a full swap which is MASSIVE! It turned out rhe loom did not match the car so I had to cut it up and splice.. Holy Shit.... for those following along at home....I'm Colour Blind!! After spending a couple of nights in the shed I called for help, it was beyond me. Matty came and gave me a hand and between us we had it running in a night. I had done pretty well and it turned out Nissan are off their head and pretty average at colour coding. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (13th October 2023), BrazilianY60 (2nd April 2024), Cremulator (7th October 2023), MB (2nd April 2024), mudnut (7th October 2023), Plasnart (7th October 2023), Touses (7th October 2023), TPC (7th October 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ghee! That feels like a life time ago. Sorry for my slackness!!!

We got the car running and packed up and headed down to Tassie for some more of the Toughest Tracks in Tassie, if not Australia to be fair. Just Mental! And I honestly could not think of a better crew than the guys on that trip. Guys I met here over 10 years ago. Just the best.

So headed down to Tassie for some unfinished business on the West Coast.

We did Climies again which was fun, I chose not to drive the cliff and I'm fine with that. We camped above it on night 1

What a great bunch. Zach was my Navi again and I'd not have it any other way!

MB in his farm ute, Rossco in the Silver Brumby and Matty as a solid Navi for the team.

3 cars get a Lot Done.

So Zach left at home his first serious Girl Friend and his need for a 4G Signal was Real LoL

We came prepared this time. I had Waders for Zach last time but didn't get them out! Let just say Thank Fuck for Waders on this trip!!!! They got used..... A Lot!

So after Climies we again headed up the Lake Cumberland Track. There is a tough side and my name was all over it so off I went.

This is Tough, Really Tough! Full articulation, beyond its limits BIG. I pushed it hard and was the afternoon's Entertainment. Lol. I saw some angles, at one point I believed I had actually rolled onto my driver's side. The left wheels were off the ground and that's a roll for me. Lol. A pic taken by Rossco showed it didn't quite roll over but it was very loose. Lol.

I can tell.you though, my Dazwings Hated it! Perspex is Overrated and simply the Wrong material for this task. I smash Both of my Dazwings on this track which was an issue cause this was day 2 and we were in trouble if i couldn't pack my car. Lol.

We heading into Zeehan to the Hardware looking for a solution and soon enough I had found some ply and a saw in the Timber yard and we had a pair of 6mm ply Dazwings sorted in less than an hour. We obviously used the broken ones as a template and these did awesome and are still on the car.

We camped in Trail Habour again which is a great spot.

The next day we headed up to tackle the switchback on Cumberland and I was going to drive it this time and I have it a red hot crack

I got my front up but after a fair crack winched it.

Brother Rossco Drove it. He reversed up passed the switchback which gave him a significa tly better angle and drove up. Impressive. The Crawler Gears also helped a lot, I think I want some.

We got up on top and it was a very cool place to be, not many cars get up there.

We headed back to trial harbour and I noted my Clutch was slipping after a very hard time on Cumberland. Booooo. It was Terminal.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (2nd April 2024), BigRAWesty (3rd April 2024), Cremulator (2nd April 2024), MB (2nd April 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I made a call out to Taslucas who is a Long term member here looking for a piece of Conrete to replace a Clutch mid Trip.... who does that!

Lucas put the call out and delivered in Spades. He sent us to a mate of his, Rod. What a Bloody Legend Rod is.

He cleaned out half his shed and in we rolled, a ragged group from Vic with stories to tell. Lol. Tye fire was hot, the beer was cold, the shower was got ans the hospitality was extraordinary! What was his was ours. For as long as it took.

We had the clutch out by 10pm, if arranged for a gut in Burnie to put the flywheel on the grinder at 8am the next day with pick up at 10am. Just enough time to grab breakie then source a Clutch kit etc hen back to refit.

So after 2 days of Hospitality we were ready to roll. New clutch in. We were very happy to offer Rod a Navi seat as there was one spare for the next part of our journey which really was what we were there to do.

$10,000 Tk (Wombat Flats) Holy Shit!! HOLY SHIT!!!

Just WOW!

Stunning, spectacular, deep into the Wilderness, once in a lifetime kind of stuff.

First obstacles a little bridge collapse. Dropped into nowhere and it was a deep hole I have to get winched back out of.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (2nd April 2024), BrazilianY60 (2nd April 2024), Cremulator (2nd April 2024), MB (2nd April 2024), mudnut (4th April 2024), Touses (3rd April 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So $10k track was off its head. We stayed at the Cumberland River hut the night before which put us at the front door of the $10k track.

Day 1 we travelled 6kms.......

I honest didn't take many photos gents sorry. I was busy and the others took plenty but this is what I have on my phone.

There where a few sections on this track with Massive trees over that the track now travelled Under. These where extraordinary. We all had to pull onto MBs car bonnet to get his roof top tent under. Lol. Funny, we got it done though.

After the previous trip onto $1000 track we came prepared and I bought 2 pair of football boots this time. Zach and I lived in them for 2 days! Perfect for these muddy hills.

Night 1 camp 6kms in

Day 2. Turns out we had not even started! This track is a Beast! I have been driving on the Wild side for a Loooong time and this, This I'd what the GQ is Built for. I used every part of it.

I have but a splattering of photos but you will get the idea

Did I mention Waders!

This was a Massive Hole, there was a way around that a crew before us had smashed out instead on going through here, the smashed out track was below average and we decided this was the right choice. Did I mention I was Car 1.... fuck!.

Zach was a Legend!

There is a video of my attempt, I didn't get far and then got bogged, the water was over 1m deep and with Matty on my bonnet and Zach dragging out the with rope at a run we got through in a timely manner. I can advise that the Bilge Pumps Worked exceptionally well!!!

Crazy Day

Was wild

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (2nd April 2024), BigRAWesty (3rd April 2024), BrazilianY60 (2nd April 2024), Cremulator (2nd April 2024), MB (2nd April 2024), mudnut (4th April 2024), Touses (3rd April 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wild West

We finally got to the end of the track at about 5pm after pushing through at a solid pace from 8am. I still had 2 lockers engaged 50m from the end. It was relentless.

We were knackered. We headed back to Rods place for a strip down, a fire and some great food.

We honestly took a day to recover at Rods place. We were done. Lol. Epic

Here are a few more pics of this trip

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (2nd April 2024), BigRAWesty (3rd April 2024), BrazilianY60 (2nd April 2024), Cremulator (2nd April 2024), Hodge (2nd April 2024), jay see (2nd April 2024), jff45 (2nd April 2024), MB (2nd April 2024), mudnut (4th April 2024), Plasnart (2nd April 2024), Stropp (2nd April 2024), Touses (3rd April 2024)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 770 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bloody awesome Daz. looks like you fellas had a great time. well done mate.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (2nd April 2024), MudRunnerTD (2nd April 2024), nissannewby (17th April 2024)

Page 186 of 187 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187 LastLast