Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1862

Thread: MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I found a brand new factory Fuel Primer I forgot I bought years ago. I have been running a Delphi system for 15 years in thr GQ with a glass bowl water separator under it. These really should bring a secondary filter but who knew??? Anyway. Sorted it out today.

I moved the filter to the drivers side in the last build and room is tight. I dabbed up a mounting off the existing mount and them braced forward and also to the guard.

Happy with that. Solid.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (23rd September 2022), Rossco (23rd September 2022), Stropp (25th September 2022)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I decided to cull some unnecessary stuff from under the bonnet.

A/C system removed today. 1 less thing in front of the radiator. Has not run for 10 years and my compressor is sorted in the back so no endless air needed.

Need to attack the AC compressor tomorrow

Got it up on the hoist to pull the panard off the front to replace the bushes.

The bushes only had slight play but chasing a head shake so time to do it. These were 13yo and had a full set of bushes ready to go.

Here is some interesting measurements

Panard going back on tomorrow.

Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (25th September 2022), MB (25th September 2022), mudski (26th September 2022), Rossco (25th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,920 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good at least won't have to worry about AC compressor getting mud in the bearings of its not there, here's hoping wobbles are sorted all . . .

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (25th September 2022), Stropp (25th September 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Full AC is Out. Just to to cap off the 2 pipes at the fire wall.

Left a good gap too!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB TD42 (12th November 2022), mudnut (26th September 2022), mudski (26th September 2022), Rossco (26th September 2022), Stropp (25th September 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been a while between drinks gents.

So after having to turn around due to a Massive Head shake from 30kmh up to near uncontrollable at 100kmh it was rolled back into the shed in despair about 12 months ago..

Research, research, discussions and thought I replaced all the front bushes in the car. Panard, radius arm bushes and mushroom bushes.

I lifted the car up high on the hoist and had zach power the car in 4wd in gear and check for a buckled rim. Bulge in a tyre. Nothing.

I removed all the wheels and popped the back bead of each bead lock and added another 100gms of balance beads to reach rim. I did this some time again and procrastinated about driving it just in case it was still no good....

I'm heading back to Tassie on the 21st of April for another 10 days of West Coast Madness, so I'm fast running out of time. Drive it I will.

Backed it out of the shed and am stoked to say there is no longer a head shake. !!!! Stoked!

That was Saturday.... A Great Day!!!

Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 5th April 2023 at 01:51 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (5th April 2023), Cremulator (5th April 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sunday.....

Did a bit of cleaning in the shed.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago a fracture of the front inner guard 1/4 panel in the drivers so so I invested in the BigO weld in brace kit that Rossco and PeeBee have fitted. The kit arrived last Thursday.

Sunday I decided I had time to install this before Tassie for Peace of mind.

There is a bit going on with the bar work etc so taking the 1/4 panel off is a bit of a mission. Lifted on the hoist and removed front drivers wheel, I went about removing the quarter panel.

So out comes the new welder and a quick call to Kallen to discuss setting on the new welder I laid some pretty good welds which I was happy with..

Wait? WTF??? How come there is Smoke in the car? Hmm some heat? Hmmm fuck that a lot of smoke! Cracked the drivers door as far as you can on a hoist. Fuck! I see flame! Fuck!

Climbed in and flicked off the drivers side kick panel cover. Fuse board on fire. I attempted to flick it out using my hand.... don't do that! Molten Plastic glues to the skin...

Exited the car and ran for a powder extinguisher I had at the door of the shed.

Back into the drivers door and blasted the powder extinguisher into the space.

DISASTER GENTS!! Fully Fucked is all I can say! I'm in a World of pain.

So after sorting out some first aid for my hand and some time to cool down I went back out to expose things to see how bad it was...

ITS REALLY BAD!!!!

WORLD OF HURT!!!

Did I mention TASSIE 21st April...

Fuck

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (5th April 2023), BigRAWesty (6th April 2023), Cremulator (5th April 2023), mudnut (5th April 2023), Rossco (6th April 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So my mind is Blown. If this was any other car I'd call insurance and take the Write Off payout. But that can't happen.

So Monday a call to Patrol A Part to look for a full Cabin Loom. Sent them looking.

Didn't hear back Monday arvo so called a couple of places stumbled on a GQ TD Cabin Loom in a box up stairs in a back room at Hall 4x4 salvage.

I was working in Wantirna and heading to MBs place to help him drop his motor in so called passed Halls and picked up a full Cabin Loom in a dusty box

$500

Kinda Stoked but a MASSIVE JOB!

TASSIE > 3weeks

Headed to MBs and was very fortunate to see PeeBees Huge Build underway. Fortunately he has just fitted most of the body Loom and no dash yet so took a heap of photos of what I will find under the dash.

The whole dash is coming out, to start!!

I've got 3 weeks to get on the boat and This is the Task at hand!!!

Cheers Phil, I don't need your spare Loom but yoy have helped heaps.

This strip down will be my entire Easter break... and then some.

Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 5th April 2023 at 01:56 AM.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (6th April 2023), Cremulator (5th April 2023), MB TD42 (19th April 2023), mudnut (5th April 2023), PeeBee (5th April 2023), Rossco (6th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 492 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally feel your pain... When doing the body work on my GQ, welding those very cracks that you bought your reinforcement to, my fuse box caught fire as well. Car was fully stripped and I have noticed the burning plastic smell as soon as the welder stopped zapping. Wet rag into the box and no major disaster like yours. What really caught fire was a white plastic thingo at the end of the harness and the flame from it started deforming the black fusebox. I have checked the harness and no harm was done. All circuits and relays still good as they have not suffered direct exposure to the flame, but my fuse box is a bit crooked now.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (6th April 2023), MudRunnerTD (5th April 2023), PeeBee (5th April 2023), Rossco (6th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 492 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed in your pictures the green glow plug timer/relay boxes were melted as well. That really sucks. With carpet on, kick panel on, etc, I imagine you didn't have a clear target for the extinguisher.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (5th April 2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianY60 View Post
    I totally feel your pain... When doing the body work on my GQ, welding those very cracks that you bought your reinforcement to, my fuse box caught fire as well. Car was fully stripped and I have noticed the burning plastic smell as soon as the welder stopped zapping. Wet rag into the box and no major disaster like yours. What really caught fire was a white plastic thingo at the end of the harness and the flame from it started deforming the black fusebox. I have checked the harness and no harm was done. All circuits and relays still good as they have not suffered direct exposure to the flame, but my fuse box is a bit crooked now.
    I'm a bit blown away by BigO, given this is a Very Likely outcome a Single piece of paper, a bloody Postit note! That Says "Caution!!! Watch out out for the Main fuse board on thr Drivers side when welding in this brace" undoing a couple of mounting screws to pull it out of the way would have saved me days of work.!
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 5th April 2023 at 01:51 PM.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (5th April 2023), Cremulator (6th April 2023), mudnut (5th April 2023), PeeBee (6th April 2023), Rossco (6th April 2023), rusty_nail (5th April 2023)

Page 185 of 187 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 LastLast