Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1855

Thread: MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody awesome Daz absolute beast, so spewn couldn't head out, stupid covid damit. . Seriously are lucky to have awesome areas in our backyard. Those signs on Selma to discourage people ripping up the sides of road and little firebreak tracks that head along the spur a bit trashed that spot lol. . . Good to see it being used, fun working on the things but even better using it for what it's for lol. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

10G (15th July 2020), MudRunnerTD (14th July 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Bloody awesome Daz absolute beast, so spewn couldn't head out, stupid covid damit. . Seriously are lucky to have awesome areas in our backyard. Those signs on Selma to discourage people ripping up the sides of road and little firebreak tracks that head along the spur a bit trashed that spot lol. . . Good to see it being used, fun working on the things but even better using it for what it's for lol. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yeah it was really odd placement. They were on the side of the road. It read like I could not proceed bit I did. Figured it was about the side of the road which was getting smashed.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (15th July 2020), Rossco (15th July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    STOP

DO NOT PROCEED.

Got my attention.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (15th July 2020), Rossco (14th July 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that hut, (the first one)sight for cold bones for sure, especially after coming over the top of 'that hill!'
    Last edited by PeeBee; 14th July 2020 at 10:09 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

10G (15th July 2020), MudRunnerTD (15th July 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sign was like one my son and I came across years ago when going over the Dargo High Plains road towards Harriettville.

Sign was a fixed in the ground, so there 365 days a year. Told us we couldn't go any further as the road was seasonally closed. But the sign was right next to a gate which was wide open. So I'm thinking, the sign is pretty clear, but the gate is wide open so maybe the sign doesn't apply YET?

We went through, probably shouldn't have, it was bloody snowy.

Looked like a great trip Daz, heaps of fun.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So thenGQ 8s up on the hoist and notice some oil on the shed floor a few weeks ago. My front drivers shock was leaking. I must have blown a seal in the high country.

So pulled it off and stripped it a couple of weeks ago and using YouTube found the superior engineering vids to be pretty good. Made a couome of calls ro telgwm to confirm what is what but comfortable with the rebuild.

So it turns out the leak was from the swivel which had just come loose and i did not need to strip but here we are.

The leak was there

The local shock builder will refill the nitrogen for $10. Winner. I just used my compressor to set it up and will add Nitrogem next week.

Oil to 30mm below top. Nitrogen to 200psi.

5W fork Oil.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (30th August 2020), 10G (31st August 2020), MB (30th August 2020), mudnut (29th August 2020), PeeBee (30th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you take the shims off the piston? It'll be good to know the diameter, thickness and layout of the stack for a good baseline incase you want them tuned up a bit.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Did you take the shims off the piston? It'll be good to know the diameter, thickness and layout of the stack for a good baseline incase you want them tuned up a bit.
    G'day mate! Hope you are well. How is your ute looking? Any closer to turning a key again?

To be honest i did not notice any shims. Interesting, the other week I called Superior about Bleed method because the youtube vid actually misses a little bit. During that discussion which sent me back to the shed to strip down the other half damn it, but I asked what oil weight. The bloke didn't know so went and asked. Came back and advised me to use 10W fork oil. I bought 2 lots on special. On Friday I called again to run through the Bleed specifically as I had emptied the remote res and line completely and their vid misses how much room you should leave in the remote res. Got the info and as I hung up I asked again, just confirming 10W oil mate. NO! 5W oil bud. I asked what the difference would be as i had $60 worth of 10W. He said the 10W would just make it a firmer Shock. I was able to exchange the 10W for 5W happy days.

So long story short, heavier weight oil could be used to tune it a little too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (31st August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im doing ok. The ute is closer to the scrap heap than it is to anything else. I'm still dirty about that fuckin engine and the people who wiped their hands with it. But anyway enough about that POS.

The shims are the little disks that partially cover the holes and wells in the piston. Ftom the bottom you'll have the lock nut, washer, rebound stack, piston, compression stack and washer. If you get them tuned, its these shims that will change the damping characteristics.

20200830_151801.png
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (30th August 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    bugger. Mate I remember that day!!! I was gob smacked mate. So pissed for you. A real shame, you were building something pretty slik.

I reckon you should put it back together mate and use it. Even LS it and have some fun.

Re the shims. Yeah I did have a good look at that cause it was the first time I have been inside one. Is pretty cool. But alas I did not take measurement there and she is back together now.

The Amadas i have are Gen1 and are no longer supported by Superior. They run a Gen2 and their own brand so if I need parts I am on my own. Interesting that the part that leaked on me is part of the change they made to Gen2.

See how we go

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

10G (31st August 2020)

Page 172 of 186 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast