Thread: MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Getting bloody close now.

Many little jobs finished. Fitted the grille. Parker lights. Filled the winch with oil.

Trying to adjust the bonnet and snapped a bolt damn it so the bonney had to cone off!

Took the opportunity to run the washers back in and fit some LED Lighting.

Winch grill switched in and labeled

Re fitted the airline to the rear winch with a new fitting and the airlocker works again!!!! Yippee!!!

Just for interest this is the part i needed. Before buying online i did a price check at ARB......... $12 in stock. Identical.

Tidied up the winch 24v wiring and added some extra insulation

Fitted 2 Air Vessels for extra storage.

Swapped to a pin for the winch dildo

And modded my winch hook to be a quick release for my new 12mm rope

Then made 2 fid in 12mm to use to work with my 12mm rope. Going to make a couple of soft shackles and splice in my loops

12mm FTW!!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (31st March 2019), PeeBee (31st March 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 2,688 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good Darren, What make and specs are on the air compressor?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In case you were wondering. A 12mm soft shackle is Massive!!

That used 100inches of 12mm rope. Made one with 60inches and could not complete it was too small.

Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (31st March 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Looks good Darren, What make and specs are on the air compressor?
    Hi Phil. I have a 3/4hp Big Boss. Early model. At the time it was the bomb, when it dies i will buy a double arb job

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hi Phil. I have a 3/4hp Big Boss. Early model. At the time it was the bomb, when it dies i will buy a double arb job
    Thanks for that. I am looking to upgrade my old ARB diff lock compressor - had it since 1997, so its served its time, still pumps OK. If I cant sort out the endless air unit when I tear the front of the engine down I think I will go a big one - will have to look at the ARB twin also.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case you were wondering. A 12mm soft shackle is Massive!!

That used 100inches of 12mm rope. Made one with 60inches and could not complete it was too small.

I bought a couple of 11mm units a while ago, not small either. I will say however that I am still sitting on the fence regards using them instead of a metal shackle for winch pulls - impact or energy situations like snatch stuff, yes, won't hesitate, but need some more assurance I think - the 'knot' bit is what has me cautious.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bought a couple of 11mm units a while ago, not small either. I will say however that I am still sitting on the fence regards using them instead of a metal shackle for winch pulls - impact or energy situations like snatch stuff, yes, won't hesitate, but need some more assurance I think - the 'knot' bit is what has me cautious.
    So i watched a heap of youtube threads on these before i began. This design is a stronger design than normal. It is rated at 220% strength of the 12mm rope. Well strong enough.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (9th April 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i watched a heap of youtube threads on these before i began. This design is a stronger design than normal. It is rated at 220% strength of the 12mm rope. Well strong enough.
    Your nut looks larger than mine, but thats hardly surprising is it!!!!! I don't doubt the mechanical strength, its just my engineering mind getting stuck with shackles as we use them every day and no soft shackles are rated for lifts - again, just a mind block. Right bit of gear for the job in some circumstances I guess.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your nut looks larger than mine, but thats hardly surprising is it!!!!! I don't doubt the mechanical strength, its just my engineering mind getting stuck with shackles as we use them every day and no soft shackles are rated for lifts - again, just a mind block. Right bit of gear for the job in some circumstances I guess.
    Yeah this design is an improved design with the ends buried into the Nut making it significantly bigger but it it impossible to now invert the Nut which is a weakness. No tails

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (31st March 2019)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeez its coming along really nice now Darren. Whats that big post thingo you go hanging off the front of the bar for?

Page 163 of 187 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast