Thread: MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dakka1 View Post
    hey dude what page of this MASSIVE thread do I go to for the high mount install. im just trying to see where and what and how when it comes to water or oil lines and drain etc
    Lol. I assume your talking aout the Himount winch. The first group of Himount winch pics would be in the first 10 pages I reckon depending on how many posts per page your set at. When I started the thread I was basically finished the car so rolled them all out quickly. The winch was done up first then.

I am currently rebuilding the winch again and have it out of the car and completely stripped down. Let me know what you want pics of and I will take a couple for you. The cases have just been painted and I have not reassembled it yet.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Next got started on the winch. I pulled it to bits on the bench in the shed to give it a good clean out.

I used this link for a great writeup and how to ==> http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/8274/

Then i went about renovating what needed to be done. I Painted the casing using a Charcoal Hammertone paint out of a can

I tapped the casing to run Air lines to pressurise the case for Bog holes etc. You can see also that i used some of that PVC liquid tape on the terminals thinking that i could trim up the mess when dry => NO YOU CANT!!! so after this pic i went and got a very fine brush and neatened it up allot.

I reckon it looks great.

Mounted it back up into the newly painted bar and fitted the air lines

See on the back of the numberplate i have fitted a white LED marker light that is switched with the winch isolation switch in the dash and lights up the winch whenever power is connected to it. F*#king awesome at night for winching.

Attached my home made Nylon Fairlead and Bob's your Aunty.

From this >>>>

To this >>>>>

Mounted up my Lightforce XGTs that i converted to HID and wound on the plasma and ready to go!!

Post 44 for a start. Also post 43 had a couple. As I said though I have it on the bench and can take whatever else you want mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shit sorry dude was meaning the turbo. sorry should have been more specific

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dakka1 View Post
    shit sorry dude was meaning the turbo. sorry should have been more specific
    Hahaha. Yeah had a feeling you might have been. My turbo is a low mount and is a full MTQ system. I had it fitted by a shop though way back when. If your chasing pics and info on a Hi Mount Turbo setup your best to ask Bloody Aussie as he has just fitted one to his new TD.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like MudRunnerTD's GQ has made it's way onto Facebook courtesy of 4WD TV.

https://www.facebook.com/4wdTV/photo...type=1&theater

Owner of 1984 SD33T MK Patrol
    Owner of 1989 TD42 GQ Patrol
    Previous Owner of a 1988 TB42 DA Maverick
    ------------------------------------------------------

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (14th March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Looks like MudRunnerTD's GQ has made it's way onto Facebook courtesy of 4WD TV. https://www.facebook.com/4wdTV/photo...type=1&theater
    Yep saw that. I can now stalk all of your Facebook profiles, it's not that hard to do some patrol matching to names!
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    My rig HERE http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Moneypit-89-GQ
    WARNING: Towballs used in a recovery can and DO KILL people!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Punderhead For This Useful Post:

Majestic (14th March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I must be famous!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,664 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I must be famous!!!
    Yea...
    Sure......

Ay I was thinking the other day about your gearing issues with the gu and 35's.
    Why not swap out the gq centres until the q is ready, or you buy replacements??
    Or will 4.6 be to high??
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bump for tappa talk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank FARK for tappa!!! Been slack on this thread as I have struggled with pics until now.

Been a busy year, car has been parked up and have been sorting out my 24v for my winch. It's nearlly ready to go but while it's been parked I have also stripped out a heap of junk wiring. I have also made space for a 4" snorkel through the bonnet and big airbox in the future..

Some wiring mods.

This is a future plan

The HiMount is finished and ready to bolt up. 24v ready with +76 Deltatek Freespool and Gigglepin Brake a Shaft. Allbright solenoid. Sexy as Fark!!!

Gone for a Custom made Big Mouth SS fairlead, you can now buy these on eBay, mine is the one in the pic as it was the first one he made in the bigger size. The big mouth will allow a Brocken plasma to have a knot tied in it and still got through the opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 9th May 2015 at 07:12 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (9th May 2015), Clunk (11th May 2015), Rossco (9th May 2015), Woof (9th May 2015)

Page 100 of 187 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast