Thread: MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Nice one Daz getting there. What is the heat exchanger, is that a water to air thingo for the intercooler ?

Just did a few things with my winch and is all sitting pretty snug now but still has about 10mm clearance. Was better than with the old bar tho the ratchet was sitting bout 1mm off the intercooler which is a bit close for comfort but luckily didn't give any issues.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Yeah mate it's exactly the same as the one I had under the bonnet but that one was damaged. From rubbing. With the removal of the body lift I could no longer close the bonnet. If this did not fit I would take out the air con.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was gunna ask if you still had air con on it. Be keen to see how temps go in summer with air con going and that in front now too.

FINALLY some progress. Keep it going mate I wanna see this thing in action one day

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matfew For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (13th November 2017), Rossco (13th November 2017)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading back thru the thread and was shocked at the failure of the hook on the bulbar that flung off thru the fuel tank and battery. I think I might rethink using them for shock loads now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (15th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I was reading back thru the thread and was shocked at the failure of the hook on the bulbar that flung off thru the fuel tank and battery. I think I might rethink using them for shock loads now.
    Yeah mate it was a Very Big surprise when it happened let me tell yah!!! Scared the shit out of everyone!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (16th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I did site inspection last week and this was hanging on the guys wall!

Very cool. It's a boot lid with 100s of layers of paint that he has then distressed and cleared. Turns out he is a Lecturer at TAFE in spray painting and also an industry consultant.

What your looking at was the boot lid he used to demonstrate spray painting. Layer upon layer. On the left side the paint was 15mm thick and looked like funky plywood.

Picked his brain for an hour about spraying the car. Winner. Then he picked my brain for an hour about fixing his 120yo house... Winner.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (19th November 2017), Rossco (21st November 2017), rusty_nail (19th November 2017), Wine_maker (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did a little more to the GQ yesterday. Cleaned out more wiring. Removed tr he old corner airbox. So much room now!! Relocated the W2A pump again.

Went to Repco on a 30%off RACV day and bought 10m of 10amp 7 core trailer wire that I will run up to the roof to wire up the side lights rear camp lights.

Test fitted the new Lightforce Genisis HIDs. Need to buy some 20mm spacer as the bolt holding the winch hoops on is in the way of the Huge mounts of these Genisis.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (19th November 2017), NissanGQ4.2 (19th November 2017), rusty_nail (19th November 2017), Woof (19th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did some more work on the GQ today. Refitted the intercooler and mounted the water pump for it and the radiator overflow bottle.

Rather than stuffing around trying to poke hoses and winch cables through penetration in the radiator support panel (serious lack of options!) I used a hole saw and added one to each side.

Split core flute works a treat for protection around the edges.

Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 19th November 2017 at 08:20 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Lights (24th November 2017), MB (19th November 2017), PeeBee (19th November 2017), Rossco (21st November 2017), Wine_maker (20th November 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after talking with Darren today, the 24th February has been set for this project to be back on the tracks!
    Looking forward to it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lights For This Useful Post:

AB (21st December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights View Post
    Well after talking with Darren today, the 24th February has been set for this project to be back on the tracks!
    Looking forward to it.
    2018 or???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Lights (21st December 2017), Rossco (21st December 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    2018 or???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably not!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lights For This Useful Post:

AB (21st December 2017)