Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

G'day Guys,

Thought i would introduce myself and post up some pics of my GQ.

Below are some pics of how it once was. Pretty well setup and i was very happy with it.
    This is a list of how it was in the pics below.

GQ TD42
    MTQ Turbo
    Front and Rear Air Lockers,
    Hi Mount with 6hp motor
    35 Extreme Trekkers
    Rear Bar,
    HID everything
    Roof Lights
    Light Force XGT 240s
    HiLo Headlights
    2" OME suspension
    35" Spring spacers
    Home made rear drawers and fridge slide.

Here are some pics before i stripped it down.

n696355935_833615_2514.jpg

Some of the pics below are of a trip i did with a few mates for a boys trip. Was the most difficult thing i have ever done and i will likely never forget. I dont think anyone will

The pics of the deep hole are taken in the Otways and this track was 7kms long and took 8 hours to complete. It is also a track that i slid into a tree in a big way and this day kinda force the hand with the strip down as i caved in the rear drivers side door and bent the roof.

The GQ coming out of the hole is the vehicle in front of me. Glad it was him and not me to be honest. It was one of a dozen or more holes like this. It took its toll. It had been a long time since anything like a GQ had been down this way as it is mainly suzuki country and they go round the big holes. You can see the quantity of rubbish being pushed out the hole in front of the car, we were there with shovels moving it out of the way. maybe 2 cubic metres.

Long day on the winches and every man for himself. every car was involved in recoveries at the same time so there was no leaving the tree truck protector for the next bloke as by the time they needed it we were using it on the next bog hole. Boys trip, 2 a car. Bloody great time.

We went in to this track about 10am and the last ones out got to camp past 10pm to a warm fire and a beer.

All Hail a good Navi!!!
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 26th May 2011 at 12:08 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (3rd July 2017), Dans GQ Wagon (4th June 2018), Swazi (30th September 2013)