Thread: MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks friggin awesome Dazman
    The reason I believe that Cremulator Mate has mistaken it for glass is that Perspex is a brand name of Acrylic which is the Bees Knees for clarity especially with the bestest of the best fish tanks etc...
    Polycarbonate we’re forced to use for playground stuff due to its indestructible little turds nature and greater fire resistance/melting drip timelines.
    Acrylic for the win clear viewing just don’t lean on a tree branch or drill without clamping with a blunt burning drillbit as sharp ones corkscrew in way too fast and spider crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (28th February 2021), MudRunnerTD (27th February 2021), Rossco (28th February 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Looks friggin awesome Dazman
    The reason I believe that Cremulator Mate has mistaken it for glass is that Perspex is a brand name of Acrylic which is the Bees Knees for clarity especially with the bestest of the best fish tanks etc...
    Polycarbonate we’re forced to use for playground stuff due to its indestructible little turds nature and greater fire resistance/melting drip timelines.
    Acrylic for the win clear viewing just don’t lean on a tree branch or drill without clamping with a blunt burning drillbit as sharp ones corkscrew in way too fast and spider crack

Yeah I was very surprised at how much like glass it was to work with. What a MOFO. YouTube was my friend. The first set I made i had a couple of goes at. Once I was happy I had the whole lot programmed in and laser cut.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (28th February 2021), MB (27th February 2021), Rossco (27th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s cheating Old Mate
    They are Brilliant Bright for sure

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I'm a bit of a Beast on Facebook Market place. Forever trawling.

Picked this jigger up a couple of months ago. I think it was $25 and still in its box. Never used. Local pickup in Geelong and all.

I took it out of its box today and put water in it for the first time. This will now be a water tank, pressure hose, and hand cleaning tap in the GQ forever.

What a rippa!!!!

Mounted by strapping down in the back. Access from the passenger DazWing

Stoked

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (28th February 2021), jay see (8th March 2021), MB (28th February 2021), NissanGQ4.2 (28th February 2021), Rossco (28th February 2021), rusty_nail (28th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    13lts. 12v. Inbuilt pump, pressure switch.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (28th February 2021), Stropp (17th May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is pretty cool! Would be a bastard without the Dazwing though, opens up so much more space in the back of the wagons!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MB (1st March 2021), MudRunnerTD (28th February 2021), Rossco (28th February 2021), rusty_nail (28th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep Dazwings the best

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    That is pretty cool! Would be a bastard without the Dazwing though, opens up so much more space in the back of the wagons!

Yeah i would have mounted it against the left side windows facing the back. Side access is a winner for sure.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Went for a drive today and grabbed this from Campbellfield. Always wanted one, good time to grab in before a sneaky trip to Tassie in a couple of weeks.

Over the years I have used one of these in anger only once, but nothing else would have done, there are parted of Tassie where there is not a tree in sight!!

I.C.E. In Case of Emergency.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (1st March 2021), MB (1st March 2021), NissanGQ4.2 (13th March 2021), Rossco (1st March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice one Daz, get Zac out into the shed tonight for an education session. He's going to be the one using it while you sit in the drivers seat telling him to hurry up

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (1st March 2021)

Page 174 of 186 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast