Thread: Extended warranty

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extended warranty

I don't know whether it was the fear factor or piece of mind, but I got an extended warranty. So basically, I can't touch my truck until the warranty runs out. It's an ex Telstra fleet vehicle that was serviced and looked after regularly and now done about 205k and the EW cost me about $1,500.

Any comments on extended warranties??

Ross
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they are definatly worth it, if you had a grenade you would not hesitate in getting one.Things happen after 100k and to pay someone $90-$120/hour plus parts it will pay for itself in no time.

Kinda depends on who you are too, if your really mechanical minded and know your way around the engine, etc you would'nt bother but I think if you can afford it, go for it.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what its worth Ross I don't think its such a bad idea ether. You may not be able to do "some mods" but I think the trade off is worth the piece of mind of knowing you covered.
    Those Telstra Rigs came ordered with the HD suspension pack anyway which from memory gave them a 1.5 to 2" lift over the STD model so your already 1 up.
    I suppose it really depends on your needs as to whether or not its for you & that really is the bottom line but do I think its a bad scenario to be in?

Well..... No I don't. In fact I think its rather a good one.

Cheers
    Paul
    Last edited by patch697; 28th June 2010 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    For what its worth Ross I don't think its such a bad idea ether. You may not be able to do "some mods" but I think the trade off is worth the piece of mind of knowing you covered.
    Those Telstra Rigs came ordered with the HD suspension pack anyway which from memory gave them a 1.5 to 2" lift over the STD model so your already 1 up.
    I suppose it really depends on your needs as to whether or not its for you & that really is the bottom line but do I think its a bad scenario to be in?

Well..... No I don't. In fact I think its rather a good one.
    Cheers
    Paul
    Thanks guys for the 'encouragement'. I thought it was a bit higher than the norm. I guess I just get a bit frustrated seeing lotsa people doing lotsa mods, but at the end of the day, I have to go back to the purpose and reason of why I bought my truck in the first place - touring & an undercover trailer (lol). I suppose it's a blessing, coz if it got a yellow, I'd be back to square one again.
    Thanks for 'lifting me up 2", Paul. You've made my day - one less mod. I guess I can add 2" lift to my brag board. lol

Take care out there.

Ross
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Ross,

Is it Nissan Australia EW or a dealer EW? I've heard that with the dealer EW you have to service the vehicle at that dealer only . Where with Nissan Australia EW as long as the vehicle is service by a professional mechanic you are covered.
    I'm thinking about doing something similar.

Cheers
    Kris

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Kris

As long as any work is done by a qualified mechanic, I'm covered. My son is a 2nd yr apprentice diesel mechanic, and unfortunately, he can't touch it until the warranty expires.
    Then.... he owes me 15yrs worth of work - for free! lol

Ross

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Hey Kris

As long as any work is done by a qualified mechanic, I'm covered. My son is a 2nd yr apprentice diesel mechanic, and unfortunately, he can't touch it until the warranty expires.
    Then.... he owes me 15yrs worth of work - for free! lol

Ross
    Lol. Thats the way mate.... I like your thinking...lol

& Ross your very welcome my friend Im always happy to help in any way so put then out there mate & we will all do our best to keep each other on the road to nowhere.

Cheers
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Ross, congratulations on your 2" lift, now all you have to do is get rid of the CC's.
    Sorry mate just could not resist, please forgive me.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogman View Post
    Hey Ross, congratulations on your 2" lift, now all you have to do is get rid of the CC's.
    Sorry mate just could not resist, please forgive me.
    You're forgiven Doggy. You see guys, Wayne won't forgive me until I get rid of my CC's (cheesecutters - stock tyres). Sorry Wayne, I've just forked out 2k to replace all 6 - so keep on bagging me for years to come. LOL