User Tag List

Thread: Start button.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start button.

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has installed a momentary switch for a start button and bypassed the ignition barrel? Mines playing up, I've got to hold the barrel in just the right spot to get it to start.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know anyone who has but would not be hard to do at all.....

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbucket89 View Post
    Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has installed a momentary switch for a start button and bypassed the ignition barrel? Mines playing up, I've got to hold the barrel in just the right spot to get it to start.
    That has got to be a loose connection?? Surely?? The key make a contact when turned and completes the circuit? Have you had the plug off the back of the ignition? Take the shroud off and its a plug and play, you should be able to give it a jiggle while turning the key and see if its a loose connection.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    That has got to be a loose connection?? Surely?? The key make a contact when turned and completes the circuit? Have you had the plug off the back of the ignition? Take the shroud off and its a plug and play, you should be able to give it a jiggle while turning the key and see if its a loose connection.

I've already got the shroud off, sorry I should be a little more specific. I have to hold the plug in the right spot to get it to start. The terminals in the plug are tight, and they are all held in nice and tight too.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you can't get the ignition switch sorted it is really easy to use an emergency stop button, or a self return toggle switch to bypass the circuit. I did it for an xb falcon when the original circuit burst into flames, because the spring broke and earthed to the outer shell. I only had it installed until I could afford another unit from a wrecker. I would think it might affect your insurance, too.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbucket89 View Post
    I've already got the shroud off, sorry I should be a little more specific. I have to hold the plug in the right spot to get it to start. The terminals in the plug are tight, and they are all held in nice and tight too.
    Mine is cable tide in place as it is loose