User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Cut out.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys will check on that stuff, just did a 2000k run without it skipping a beat, but I know its still there cause these things don't fix themselves. I think its definatly the ecu cutting the motor cause it always give me a little while to pull over. As long as I get it sorted before tackling the simmo next year should be good.
    Dan
    #1. 2007 Walkabout, Auto, 2" EFS lift, DP chip, 3" Exhaust, cross country intercooler, front and rear diff locks, manual torque convertor lockup, bulbar, IPF driving light, Dawes valve, Boost, EGT and transmission temp gauge, 80 Channel UHF, Black widow storage system, ARB duel wheel carrier. 215 Litre fuel. #2 GQ 95Ti TB42e.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Swap your ECU relay with your aircon relay and see if that makes a difference
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey threedogs, yeah I did that, I just went out and bought another relay, it fixed some other problems I had been having but not this problem.
    #1. 2007 Walkabout, Auto, 2" EFS lift, DP chip, 3" Exhaust, cross country intercooler, front and rear diff locks, manual torque convertor lockup, bulbar, IPF driving light, Dawes valve, Boost, EGT and transmission temp gauge, 80 Channel UHF, Black widow storage system, ARB duel wheel carrier. 215 Litre fuel. #2 GQ 95Ti TB42e.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewDan For This Useful Post:

threedogs (27th April 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resurrecting an extinct thread here I know but I'm curious if you ever got to the bottom of this? My Patrol has intermittently shown similar symptoms in very similar circumstances.
    Generally happens when starting stationary at a roundabout, then giving it a bit of pedal to sneak in before the next car comes round... hits about 2500rpm then the whole car jerks and accelerator goes unresponsive for a couple of seconds. I take my foot of and gently ease back on and everything is fine again. I haven't ever had it cut out completely afterward. Anyway, after not happening for a couple of months, I got it again today. My scan tool gave me P0087 which apparently means low fuel rail pressure. I can understand the effect, just not the cause. I guess I'll quiz the mechanic when I take it in for a service.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi terra sounds like you have classic limp mode do you have a boost gauge fitted

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The common element seems to be the roundabout.
    Is it something to do with turn left, then turn right, pretty similar to what you do to demonstrate electronic stability control (I got to shred some tyres at a Holden performance drive day).
    Or fuel surge?
    Graham
    Last edited by GeeYou8; 19th December 2015 at 10:36 AM.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No boost gauge...yet. That and EGT gauge are next on the list of additions.

I picked up some things to check from another thread so I'll start there.

I know what you mean about the ESC but that effect is much more subtle, besides it gave me the fuel pressure error code and I would expect it wouldn't log that if it were the ESC.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terra_australis View Post
    Resurrecting an extinct thread here I know but I'm curious if you ever got to the bottom of this? My Patrol has intermittently shown similar symptoms in very similar circumstances.
    Generally happens when starting stationary at a roundabout, then giving it a bit of pedal to sneak in before the next car comes round... hits about 2500rpm then the whole car jerks and accelerator goes unresponsive for a couple of seconds. I take my foot of and gently ease back on and everything is fine again. I haven't ever had it cut out completely afterward. Anyway, after not happening for a couple of months, I got it again today. My scan tool gave me P0087 which apparently means low fuel rail pressure. I can understand the effect, just not the cause. I guess I'll quiz the mechanic when I take it in for a service.
    There is a pressure switch on the end of the fuel rail. It can fail. If you go to nissan you havr to buy the complete fuel rail. Theres a few mobs of eBay who sell the switch, its made by bosch btw.
    It could well just be this switch....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's what I was reading about. The car is still under warranty so if it is that at fault, the dealer can sort it out.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever sort out this problem? If so what was it as I also have same 2 codes. Cheers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast