Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Cut out.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engine Cut out.

Hey all, having problems with my ZD30, its going into mechanic in a few weeks but just trying to get things sorted in my mind before I do.

Since I have bought it I have done 13,000ks over 6 months. 3 times the accelerator has gone limp, Ive coasted to a stop and the engine has then cut out. It starts again easily and keeps going.

I thought it was part of the accelerator recall issue, but I've had that done, and even taken it back to Nissan to have it checked again.

While it was at Nissan they downloaded two fault codes: P0093 Fuel leak and P1089 Fuel pump.

My question is: If it was a buggered fuel pump, wouldn't it happen all the time not just 3 times over 6 months.

Funny thing is, 2 of the three time it happened at exactly the same spot in Melbourne and the other time was a similar spot. (All just shortly after high speed round abouts).

I thought maybe it was something to do with putting the foot down but normally it sits on 3500rpm up hills all day without a problem.

Have a DP chip tuned to 5, 3" exhaust and cross country intercooler.

Any Ideas,

Thanks,
    Dan
    #1. 2007 Walkabout, Auto, 2" EFS lift, DP chip, 3" Exhaust, cross country intercooler, front and rear diff locks, manual torque convertor lockup, bulbar, IPF driving light, Dawes valve, Boost, EGT and transmission temp gauge, 80 Channel UHF, Black widow storage system, ARB duel wheel carrier. 215 Litre fuel. #2 GQ 95Ti TB42e.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see you have an auto mate,somewhere I was reading about people who have put there foot on the brake and the excellorator at ther same time making it go into limp mode..did read it here maybe you could find it..Cannot remember the outcome of it but the thread may provide some answers.

good luck.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    try this for a read through mate,short but a few hints. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ight=limp+mode
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

NewDan (13th April 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks wa 489, I'm thinking mines a bit different cause the engine doesn't just cut out, the accelerator goes first then cut out. I've heard navars's have a different type of limp mode in some situation, engine will only idle and give you one minute to pull over before shutting down. Don't know if the patrols have this but it sounds similar, Also heard of a problem a bit like mine with a chip-it chip and the pressure relief valve, but mines a DP chip
    Dan
    #1. 2007 Walkabout, Auto, 2" EFS lift, DP chip, 3" Exhaust, cross country intercooler, front and rear diff locks, manual torque convertor lockup, bulbar, IPF driving light, Dawes valve, Boost, EGT and transmission temp gauge, 80 Channel UHF, Black widow storage system, ARB duel wheel carrier. 215 Litre fuel. #2 GQ 95Ti TB42e.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    yeah it confused the ECU with one part saying stop and the other trying to accelerate.
    The ECU gets confused and goes into limp mode, Disconnect your battery for 1/2 an hour
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys, I've tried the battery disconnect with no luck, I think the auto's are different with the brakes vs accelerator thing as I've driven with foot on brake and accelerator before with no ill effect.
    Dan

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi dan . I notice you have a dawes valve but do you have a needle valve also . if not the boost may be coming on to quickly and spiking enough under some conditions to put the car into limp mode . also , maybe if the chip is turned up to high it may be contributing to the problem .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nipagu7 For This Useful Post:

NewDan (16th April 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey nipagu7, not sure exactly what a needle valve does, but my boost comes on very quickly, when I put my foot down the needle on the boost gauge does fly up very high but have not ever seen it go above 14psi
    The DP chip is set at 5, I hear with the bigger intercooler and exhaust that is not very high.
    Dan

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its not limp mode thats for sure if its actually cutting out and stopping. I would be checking for wet spots around the fuel filter, injector pump and all injector lines. Make sure nothing is leaking. Also tighten up all clamps on the fuel lines. Change the fuel filter too. Not a hard job to do. Atleast you can eliminate this if it doesn't fix it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

NewDan (18th April 2014)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the needle valve is an adjustable valve that allows you to control how fast or slow the boost comes on . I think that just about everyone who has a dawes valve would have one . if you do a search you will find heaps of posts about the subject . some people seem to be able to do without the dawes and needle valves on the common rail motors by adjusting the VNT control arm on the turbo , there is some info on this in some posts as well . but I would be careful doing that until you had really got your head around it .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast