Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Towing with a Y62

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your option may be to disable the Hydraulic suspension in favour of quality After Market. You still get all the really nice Ti options other than the OE suspension that is not suitable for you? Or just replace the springs only in the rear with HD springs without Ride height increase.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate - some food for thought indeed - have one chap at Nissan who still gives a toss so will run the ideas past him

One worry is that it seems every time an owner wants to change something Nissan automatically wants to nullify the warranty - tough problem

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillmc View Post
    Thanks mate - some food for thought indeed - have one chap at Nissan who still gives a toss so will run the ideas past him

One worry is that it seems every time an owner wants to change something Nissan automatically wants to nullify the warranty - tough problem
    Give ARB a call and asked them directly about their Old Man Emu setup for your Y62. Don't call your local store though as they almost certainly won't know. Give Head office a call in Kilsyth Victoria.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate - you may have hit the bullseye - if this works I will owe you a beer -- Just noted the base model Patrol TLS has standard suspension so maybe common architecture will allow disconnection and refit - Thanks again

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats the thoughts on new patrol any good?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bryce brown
    Getting the negatives out of the way I bought it knowing it to be a thirsty beast but I didn't expect the saggy bum problem. Hopefully the latter will be resolved

As to the rest - what an awesome beast - as it runs in the exhaust just gets better - nothing beats a V8 burble - comfort is sublime - leather and all - heated AND cooled seats = cool box - 9gb hard drive - bose sound system and on it goes. Rear seats are roomy and comfortable , surprise for a 4wd. Its BIG and I think very awesome and civilised enough around town - auto rear door lift is luxury. Bear in mind I am assessing as a caravaner needing a A1 tug and soft offroader. all in all I will love it if I can get the towing thing sorted

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fillmc For This Useful Post:

gaddy (14th April 2014), MudRunnerTD (12th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there irs? Can coil bags be fitted??
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brycebrown View Post
    whats the thoughts on new patrol any good?
    G'day Bryce,

Please head over to the introduction section and post a Hello mate, we ask everyone to introduce themselves please.

See my note in the second post in this thread for fillmc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (12th April 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todays update for those interested
    Got an email from Nissan saying their tech people would look again at the issue
    Got a phone call from ARB - great chaps- who recommend replacement of rear springs at 200kg or 400kg rating depending on what else I am carrying in the car. If they disconnect the HVMS system they would have to install ant sway bars and other components to manage ythe new configuration - they advise against that course of action
    I am now waiting on Nissan before I pull the trigger on ARB action
    Just for fun go to the Nissan Aus website a look up the TiL Patrol - the towing section has a big boat behind a Patrol and the statement that "it will surpass all your towing expectations" Hmmmmmmmm I don't think so Mr Nissan

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fillmc For This Useful Post:

gaddy (14th April 2014), MudRunnerTD (14th April 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillmc View Post
    Todays update for those interested
    Got an email from Nissan saying their tech people would look again at the issue
    Got a phone call from ARB - great chaps- who recommend replacement of rear springs at 200kg or 400kg rating depending on what else I am carrying in the car. If they disconnect the HVMS system they would have to install ant sway bars and other components to manage ythe new configuration - they advise against that course of action
    I am now waiting on Nissan before I pull the trigger on ARB action
    Just for fun go to the Nissan Aus website a look up the TiL Patrol - the towing section has a big boat behind a Patrol and the statement that "it will surpass all your towing expectations" Hmmmmmmmm I don't think so Mr Nissan
    That's great news that ARB can sort it out mate. Obviously you must go without a Lift to fit the springs and retain the HVMS but as a Tow vehicle that should be fine.

Given the fact that Nissan push the Y62 as the ultimate Tow rig (surely the intended purpose in our market) and its failing! Maybe they will replace the factory springs for you as they are obviously inadequate assuming your Towball weight is within spec!

Let us know what they say please.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast