Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhf and stereo wiring gu4

Hi guys

2005 GU4

Need some advice
    Taking out the stocky double din stereo .

I want to install my UHF radio and aftermarket head unit . I want to run to to direct power and not the acc .

1. Can I share the same RED wire ( constant power ) with the aftermarket headunit ?
    2. Which is best place to run earth wire?
    3. I've read somewhere I may need to get antenna extention. is this true
    4. $_57.jpgthis is my headunit . Theres couple of harnesses on ebay , ive seen a few in autobarn ( Aeropro brand ) . Are they perfect fit ?

thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what you mean by sharing the red wire, you cannot use it for the UHF, run the power for that back to the battery.
    Run the earth wire to an earth point close to the battery.
    You will need a antenna adaptor like this- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/150884143623?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx= 1&hlpht=true&lpid=107
    You should be able to get a wiring adaptor that will do the job, just get one that says it adapts from Nissan Patrol to what ever plugs the new stereo has, possibly ISO.
    Last edited by TPC; 10th April 2014 at 09:42 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Limmy (11th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limmy View Post
    Hi guys

2005 GU4

Need some advice
    Taking out the stocky double din stereo .

I want to install my UHF radio and aftermarket head unit . I want to run to to direct power and not the acc .

1. Can I share the same RED wire ( constant power ) with the aftermarket headunit ?
    2. Which is best place to run earth wire?
    3. I've read somewhere I may need to get antenna extention. is this true
    4. $_57.jpgthis is my headunit . Theres couple of harnesses on ebay , ive seen a few in autobarn ( Aeropro brand ) . Are they perfect fit ?

thanks guys
    1. Yes, UHF draws less than 1 amp on transmit and bugger all power on recieve but coming off the cig lighter is better. Disregard if you are using a high power CB (illegal but many do, mine will do up to 35 watts RF power) and run a dedicated feed

2. When you pull the head unit out there are several spots you can earth too including the screws that hold the brackets into the dash

3. For what the Head Unit or the CB?
    I've not had to use an extension on either but you can break into the Nissan factory antenna feed over near the pax footwell so maybe someone means that instead of buying a diversity adapter

4. I keep getting the part numbers mixed up for Aerpro so won't mention them here but...

The Aerpro "Nissan Patrol to Iso adapter 1985 onwards" fits the MQ's, early GU wagons and all GU Utes until 2000 something. It has one plug on the Nissan end
    The Aerpro "Nissan Patrol to Iso adapter 1995 onwards" fits all Wagons and most late model Utes depending on the factory options and for some reason a few earlier than '95 wagons. It has two plugs on the Nissan end.
    The Aerpro "Nissan Patrol Diversity Antenna Adapter" is needed for any Wagons (don't know about Utes) with the dual antennas (mast in the guard and copper in teh rear LH window). The other alternative is to find the junction in the pax footwell and disconnect the mast antenna there and run it to your new head unit.

If you don't have a diversity antenna system then the antenna lead will plug straight in to your head unit.

If you have a proprietary head unit Aerpro make adapters for "Head Unit to Iso" that will then plug into your "Patrol to Iso"

Max cost if you need all three adapters (which you usually don't) is less than $40

You may need to connect the "adapter cable" earth to the vehicle earth. Just check if the black wires line up in the plugs. If they don't you need the extra earth.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 10th April 2014 at 11:27 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Limmy (11th April 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it was me id be keeping them both on separate power feed also so to make sure you get no possible interference between the two

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    if it was me id be keeping them both on separate power feed also so to make sure you get no possible interference between the two
    Can if you want to but it won't necessarily do anything unless you run from a seperate source (2nd Bat/DCDC supply/Power Filter/etc) otherwise all power is common anyway.
    Happily admit that I run legal power CB off the Ciggy plug 99% of the time tho.
    If you have a device putting interference back onto the supply it will be on all the 12 volt supply and then you need a power filter.

If you have RF interference or an earth loop (both of which can be a cast iron bitch to fix) then it becomes a PIA to find and moving the power can appear to fix the issue

Either way no biggee...
    Last edited by the evil twin; 11th April 2014 at 12:34 AM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Limmy (11th April 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and this is what it will end up like
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]43153300_0097.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to my third 256 For This Useful Post:

Limmy (11th April 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Can if you want to but it won't necessarily do anything unless you run from a seperate source (2nd Bat/DCDC supply/Power Filter/etc) otherwise all power is common anyway.
    Happily admit that I run legal power CB off the Ciggy plug 99% of the time tho.
    If you have a device putting interference back onto the supply it will be on all the 12 volt supply and then you need a power filter.

If you have RF interference or an earth loop (both of which can be a cast iron bitch to fix) then it becomes a PIA to find and moving the power can appear to fix the issue

Either way no biggee...
    Yep mine are off different batteries

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is difference from Legal and illegal power cb ?
    mines an oricom 80 channel uhf

Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limmy View Post
    What is difference from Legal and illegal power cb ?
    mines an oricom 80 channel uhf
    CB is licenced to 5w maximum TX power, some people get commercial radios and program CB frequencies in and run 25w TX power.
    It is a dumb thing to do as you will transmit further but the other radio you are talking to you will probably be at 5w and not be able to talk back to you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Limmy (12th April 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 watt is legal and there is a commercial strength that requires a licencei think that is like 25watt? i think but if you buy from china you could get a 50watt

17. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

Limmy (12th April 2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast