Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Rusty's GUIV-Upgrade

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you have said... " if the motor is already on the way to dropping the pin, regardless of what you do, apart from a rebuild, its going to happen. How do you tell? The only way I think would be to take the head off and look, or a compression test may give an indication that something is not right." but there is a point that I have noticed mentioned on another thread is that if the O2 sensor becomes clogged or fouled, and the boost runs too high, this is the main culprit for things going bang... Is that a reasonable summation?
    '05 ST-S with a nice tint and LOTS more to come...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biskit View Post
    As you have said... " if the motor is already on the way to dropping the pin, regardless of what you do, apart from a rebuild, its going to happen. How do you tell? The only way I think would be to take the head off and look, or a compression test may give an indication that something is not right." but there is a point that I have noticed mentioned on another thread is that if the O2 sensor becomes clogged or fouled, and the boost runs too high, this is the main culprit for things going bang... Is that a reasonable summation?
    from what my mechanic told me is a combination of a failing injector pump and the maf sensor being dirty look out for nissannewby, he knows wayyy more about that rahter than me
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,335 Times in 6,450 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biskit View Post
    Hi boost wont kill these motors. Mine ran on 25psi boost for nearly two years. The o2 sensor your refering to. I would assume its the air flow meter, or the map sensor your meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    from what my mechanic told me is a combination of a failing injector pump and the maf sensor being dirty look out for nissannewby, he knows wayyy more about that rahter than me
    It could be a number of things as to why it happens. Each scenario would be slightly different maybe. But from the three stripped down motors i have seen, all suffered the exact same fate. Melted pistons on 3 and 4 pots. What caused this is really unknown. But thoe cylinder temps would have been bloody high for this to happen i think.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reads this entire thread, 2 hours later, I gotta hand it to not only rusty for your extraordinary patience , but everyone on here for their unconditional support. I too have recently bought a GU IV and glad to be in the right place with the right people on this forum! Yet to do nads but sorting out some other issues atm (possible oil cooler leak and need to fix my drivers door which doesnt want to lock). Great read, good stuff rusty.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsteveo For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (8th December 2015), Sprock (4th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 6,609 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bsteveo View Post
    Just reads this entire thread, 2 hours later, I gotta hand it to not only rusty for your extraordinary patience , but everyone on here for their unconditional support. I too have recently bought a GU IV and glad to be in the right place with the right people on this forum! Yet to do nads but sorting out some other issues atm (possible oil cooler leak and need to fix my drivers door which doesnt want to lock). Great read, good stuff rusty.
    Imagine the support he"d get if he was a nice bloke!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Clunk (9th December 2015), mudski (9th December 2015), NissanGQ4.2 (8th December 2015), Rocket55 (8th December 2015), rusty_nail (8th December 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    He's gotta be a nice bloke, if I was in his shoes I probably would have lost my crap and burnt the car to the ground by now lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsteveo For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (8th December 2015), Sprock (4th January 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    But he's right, as venting as loosing your crap is, it doesn't fix grenaded patrols!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bsteveo For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (8th December 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    does anyone know how to get the alternator out? im having trouble accessing the bottom bolts on it, is there a trick?
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 11,335 Times in 6,450 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you just need to hold your tounge right Nic. Theres one bolt either side which the alternator pivots on. From memory these were a pain to remove.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (4th January 2016), rusty_nail (5th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,670 Times in 3,128 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea it's 3 bolts. I found on the td undo the bottom ones first as the top will hold the weight off the bottom 2 so they undo easier..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (5th January 2016)

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast