Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moulded Wheel Arches for GU

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    must mean they are targeting 4x4 with larger tyres.
    I've only seen those flares on the trucks from Scandinavia or Iceland
    A mod called Ziggybuilt made some big flares for those ice trucks you see
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 573 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    must mean they are targeting 4x4 with larger tyres.
    I've only seen those flares on the trucks from Scandinavia or Iceland
    A mod called Ziggybuilt made some big flares for those ice trucks you see
    Yep. the company is based in Iceland. The largest flare kit I have seen on one of their vehicles is 57in tire size wheel arch flares. They can basically go as big as they please, tire size wise, as long as the wheels are inside the guards (flares). They are basically baloon tires for the snow and ice crevasses.
    2006 Ser IV GU, 6.5l TD V8 Chev with 4spd Auto, 3in Lift, 35in Kumho's, 12000lb winch, Nissan snorkel, Diff breathers, lightbar + Lightforce HD spots on roofrack. Built to go bush.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Sorry a bit off topic... But have to ask.

So he let you off with 35s but warned you about them sticking out ?
    I nearly got stickered for having tyres an inch over factory ones but got lucky as I have a perfect record were his words.

Sent from S4 Active using Forum Runner
    My understanding Hodge is that for them to yellow sticker your vehicle, at least in WA, they have to find three faults. The only problem with mine is that is has 35in tires... other than that, it doesn't look too modded. Plus I probably have the fact that I am an old fart and had my wife with me so didn't look like a hoon... Also, I have seen 33in tires on a 10in rim that look like 35's, so I dear say that the officers don't want to look stupid for giving a ticket for having the correct size tires on... The only problem with the 33's on a 10in rim is that they stick out WAY outside the guards.
    Last edited by Gecko17; 3rd April 2014 at 05:06 PM.
    2006 Ser IV GU, 6.5l TD V8 Chev with 4spd Auto, 3in Lift, 35in Kumho's, 12000lb winch, Nissan snorkel, Diff breathers, lightbar + Lightforce HD spots on roofrack. Built to go bush.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see. Well here they can hammer you for anything, pending what mood they're in. I got pulled into one of their nets they have here and they go through the car and license with a fine comb. Was almost shafted on tyres but yeah, they let it go. Another thing they looked at was the A pillar location of the gauges obstructing the drivers view, but they said nothing about it being wrong.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I see. Well here they can hammer you for anything, pending what mood they're in. I got pulled into one of their nets they have here and they go through the car and license with a fine comb. Was almost shafted on tyres but yeah, they let it go. Another thing they looked at was the A pillar location of the gauges obstructing the drivers view, but they said nothing about it being wrong.
    I hear ya! my mate got done a few months ago whilst away on a fishing trip. The local police were targeting 4x4s and had gotten several vehicles. He got done for having an odd number of spotties on his bullbar, a forward projecting bullbar (home built), a bug deflector on the middle of his bonnet and tires outside the guards. Everytime they told him something was wrong, he fixed it on the spot but they just kept going until it was yellow stickered.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the price back from Fjallasport....

$1350 for 38in fibreglass flares and $300 airfreight....

may have to wait....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually quite like the jeep style ones

http://ala-plast.com/cz/off-road-4x4...1-5-drzwi.html

converts to $467 delivered.

I might get some !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meh For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (4th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko17 View Post
    Just got the price back from Fjallasport....

$1350 for 38in fibreglass flares and $300 airfreight....

may have to wait....

Bet that's still cheaper than a genuine set from Nissan (haha)

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I actually quite like the jeep style ones

http://ala-plast.com/cz/off-road-4x4...1-5-drzwi.html

converts to $467 delivered.

I might get some !!

Not too bad, if you get some please post some pics
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (4th April 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a cop doesnt like you, he will always try to find a fault with ur car regardless if its legal or not, just depends all on how good of a day the police on duty has had... IF they feel like being a dick, they can even defect you for a snorkel, as it isnt a standard equipment for the vehicle, unless u can prove to them its a factory snorkel, in which case, than i guess u have every right to stand ur ground lol

If moneys an issue, just do what most of us do 9/10 times, get universal rubber flares... cheaper an always work, why spend more hahaha

IF not.........

Consider this than, if u plan on running 35's as play, which as well all know are illegal, whats the point in running wider flares???? If ur gonna run those large tires chances of a cop seeing a standard patrol than one that runs 35's, is gonna be quite obvious to the naked eye, than what are u gonna do? Even with bolt on flares, how do u explain to a cop running bigger tires on public roads? haha, Since its only gonna be a weekend tire of choice, i dont see the need to spend 1-2k on flares to try to make the car look legal, even though its still illegal to be running 35's

IF ur gonna get the car engineered for 35's than obviously, the workshop would'ev told u to run wider flares anyways

food for thought my 2 cents

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GU_Mudstar For This Useful Post:

Gecko17 (4th April 2014), lucus30 (3rd April 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GU_Mudstar View Post
    If a cop doesnt like you, he will always try to find a fault with ur car regardless if its legal or not, just depends all on how good of a day the police on duty has had... IF they feel like being a dick, they can even defect you for a snorkel, as it isnt a standard equipment for the vehicle, unless u can prove to them its a factory snorkel, in which case, than i guess u have every right to stand ur ground lol

If moneys an issue, just do what most of us do 9/10 times, get universal rubber flares... cheaper an always work, why spend more hahaha

IF not.........

Consider this than, if u plan on running 35's as play, which as well all know are illegal, whats the point in running wider flares???? If ur gonna run those large tires chances of a cop seeing a standard patrol than one that runs 35's, is gonna be quite obvious to the naked eye, than what are u gonna do? Even with bolt on flares, how do u explain to a cop running bigger tires on public roads? haha, Since its only gonna be a weekend tire of choice, i dont see the need to spend 1-2k on flares to try to make the car look legal, even though its still illegal to be running 35's

IF ur gonna get the car engineered for 35's than obviously, the workshop would'ev told u to run wider flares anyways

food for thought my 2 cents
    Very true.... on all counts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast