Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2009 GU Recovery Points

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    and yes that loop is ok for a light tug but nothing serious thats for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00marshall View Post
    I'm new so excuse the daft question - are you saying the stock recovery points front and rear are not rated for recovery if I get bogged? I've got a 2012 ST Patrol 3.0Ltr and looking at 'essential' upgrades -is this one? Don't want to spend the $$ if I don't have to as am eyeing other mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    The factory ones arn't very strong mate. I have just fitted Threedogs (outback ideas) rear and another "rated" (sorry TD) brand to the front. Just have a look at the difference and you will see why. TD's rated rear is fully welded and twice as thick as the spot weld thing that comes on the standard patrol. Front also welded plate not just a hook. Spend the $'s and get them upgraded IMHO.
    the "Stock recovery points" on a Patrol are only "tie down" points
    only good for pulling down to tie it down to truck or ship for transportation- not pulling forward as in snatch or winch..............

the "loop" on the rear bar can be used, but not really recommended, as 4bye4 said, they are only spot welded, and not very strong
    (how do I know this? - I pulled the crappy thing off a patrol trying to pull a tree stump out of the ground, lucky no-one was behind me at the time.........)

like most things, they are an "expensive" thing to buy, but more than pay for themselves if you ever need it

nothing worse than going off track with someone, then breaking those "stock" points off trying to recover them
    you feel like crap, and so does the guy trying to help you

(been there, done that.......................)
    Last edited by Bigcol; 12th July 2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: info
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123