User Tag List

Thread: boost on sd33t

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boost on sd33t

gday everyone .. just after some feed back on pushing more boost thru the old turbo she is stock and currently running 7psi I was thinking if I could up the boost to 14 psi would this perform better and whats the downsides and stuff im not running a cooler currently has a 2.5inch straight exhaust .. nothing majorr done.. problem 2 I have his when I come to complete stop and I go to take off its got no go at all until it makes boost like lags real bad sometimes only its pretty anoying .. thanks guys hope this was enough iformation you to assist me thru ..
    mk patrol sd 33turbo diesel, bullbar, roof racks, driving lights, efs 2 inch lift, 35" Federals, Rear qtr chop.33" led lightbar..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't go over 11psi without a cooler, the EGT's will get too high, and it goes without saying that you'll want an EGT and boost gauge before you do anything. And at 11psi you won't need to stuff around with fuel settings unless you want to. (Not recommended unless you have a cooler)
    Plug the spot where the relief valve goes with a brass fitting, as the relief valve will open at 7-8psi.

They normally don't go great off boost, not a lot of power but it should still make good torque before it boosts up. Have any fuel settings been adjusted?
    Owned nothing but SWB Patrols
    '84 Red MK SD33T SWB, 31" A/T's, bullbar, spotties
    '86 Silver MK L28 SWB, 31" muddies, bullbar, steel canopy
    '86 White MK SD33T SWB, 31" A/T's, ARB bullbar, spotties, steel canopy
    '85 Silver MK SD33 SWB 31" A/T's, bullbar, light bar, 2" lift, snorkel