Thread: Portable fridge/freezer temps

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post

It only takes 200watts to run the the Evakool.
    Uuuummm do you mean 20 Watts. 200 Watts is about 18 Amps. The BD50 Compressors won't use that much... or are you talking a days useage. If so it is easier to talk in Amp/Hours

I would budget that you will be using about 3 A/H on the big 95 Frig during the day Ross and about 2 A/H over night. You should be under those figures but thats what I would use.

That means about 60 A/H to find each day to replenish batteries which you should do easily with about 4 hours on Genny and a small Charger of 6 to 8 Amps capacity if that is your plan. If you have the Frig on the genny while it is running and do longer than 4 hours (but who wants that at Cape Riche) you won't need much battery recharging at all.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not yet Paul.

I looked into getting a solar panel but I haven't got a spare $900 - $1k for a 120watt panel yet.

I've got 2 x 35w continuous amp Anderson fuses that I really need sorting out this week so I can hook the fridge up for 'Travelling Mode"

I've also got a 750w generator that I'll be using during daytimes as a temporary fix. It only takes 200watts to run the the Evakool.

I'm open to any suggestions. U got any pics to show, for ideas?
    Put your frig on one of the 8 Amp outlets Cobber... 8 Amps is way more than you need and they are a "Merit" Connector on those Telstra Rigs aren't they which means it is easy peasy DIY for Plugs.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (6th February 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Uuuummm do you mean 20 Watts. 200 Watts is about 18 Amps. The BD50 Compressors won't use that much... or are you talking a days useage. If so it is easier to talk in Amp/Hours

I would budget that you will be using about 3 A/H on the big 95 Frig during the day Ross and about 2 A/H over night. You should be under those figures but thats what I would use.

That means about 60 A/H to find each day to replenish batteries which you should do easily with about 4 hours on Genny and a small Charger of 6 to 8 Amps capacity if that is your plan. If you have the Frig on the genny while it is running and do longer than 4 hours (but who wants that at Cape Riche) you won't need much battery recharging at all.
    200w is what is says on the converter that goes inbetween the plug in the wall and the fridge. I'll have a good read when I finish work. Thanks.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ill take a few pics in the morning and post them my sub board is similar got a couple more outlets i modifyed about a year ago
    some tosser nicked my solar panels i have got a couple on order with one of my suppliers supposed to be half the price you have
    ill check that out as well ,i forgot about the panels, mine dissapeared when i had the prang. evreything else is still there.
    are your door hinges made of some sort of plastic like mine if so check them over, mine cracked and fell off at christmas hit my son in the head with the door hahahha to far from his brain to hurt him. hes 27 ,
    no sign of letting go untill they fell off, the hinges are $100.00 ea the rivits are about $2.50 ea and the rivit gun is $190.00 i now have the rivits and the rivit gun if needed for loan by anyone.
    HELL NO !!!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nowoolies For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (7th February 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g`day Ross
    1st one shows where the panels were leads hanging off
    2nd subboard i have 2 x Engle outlets as well 1 top and 1 outta the bottom
    3thd same
    4th solar regulator
    5th most important rodholders up outta the way , even if there is a rake in it hahaha
    Last edited by nowoolies; 7th February 2011 at 12:25 PM.
    HELL NO !!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nowoolies For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (7th February 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run twin 38 ltr engels ,1 as freeze set at around 3.5 on rotary dial other as fridge set at just under 1 on rotary dial. All camp & vehicle lights are led so power usage is as follows:
    1 fridge & freezer together 3.1-2 amps per hour at a circulating rate of approx 60-65%
    2 led lights ,all interior led's including map-surface mount & roof console consume 1.1 amps with external tent & flood led lamps consuming 2.2 amps, total consumption 3.3amps.
    3 pump for shower is non existent as car is running to opperate heat exchanger
    4 150watt inverter consumes 8.1 amps but we normally only use this when driving or for a couple of hours through the middle of the day

Total average consumption per day approx 66.4 amps per day.

80 watt solar mounted to roof rack pulls 6.9-7 amps in full sun [approx 4 hrs of day] & around about 3-4amps for the remaining part of the day.
    Approximately 52.5amps per hour, meaning a standard 100 amp hr deep cycle battery[ 80% of usable power] gives you 80amps which is approx 8 days before needing to be charged.

I know there's alot in this post , hope it helps you rosco & anyone else.

Note: I have an advanced battery monitor that tells you amps used, charge in , time to discharge & time to charge.
    Watch out there's a Poo "Yota" lurking in the shadows !

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark 1 For This Useful Post:

Sir Roofy (7th February 2011), Woof (7th February 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuf 42 View Post
    I run twin 38 ltr engels ,1 as freeze set at around 3.5 on rotary dial other as fridge set at just under 1 on rotary dial. All camp & vehicle lights are led so power usage is as follows:
    1 fridge & freezer together 3.1-2 amps per hour at a circulating rate of approx 60-65%
    2 led lights ,all interior led's including map-surface mount & roof console consume 1.1 amps with external tent & flood led lamps consuming 2.2 amps, total consumption 3.3amps.
    3 pump for shower is non existent as car is running to opperate heat exchanger
    4 150watt inverter consumes 8.1 amps but we normally only use this when driving or for a couple of hours through the middle of the day

Total average consumption per day approx 66.4 amps per day.

80 watt solar mounted to roof rack pulls 6.9-7 amps in full sun [approx 4 hrs of day] & around about 3-4amps for the remaining part of the day.
    Approximately 52.5amps per hour, meaning a standard 100 amp hr deep cycle battery[ 80% of usable power] gives you 80amps which is approx 8 days before needing to be charged.

I know there's alot in this post , hope it helps you rosco & anyone else.

Note: I have an advanced battery monitor that tells you amps used, charge in , time to discharge & time to charge.
    Thanks Kelvin. I'll just get an auto leckie to interpret. lol
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kelvin. I'll just get an auto leckie to interpret. lol
    Come on mate, i'm a dumb building tradie & i get it. Took me a long time to learn it all, thanks to mates for percivering with me. It all boils down to amps out & amps in.
    The crux of it is SOLAR WORKS.
    Watch out there's a Poo "Yota" lurking in the shadows !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuf 42 View Post
    The crux of it is SOLAR WORKS.
    Thanks. I have a starting point. lol

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuf 42 View Post
    come on mate, i'm a dumb building tradie & i get it. Took me a long time to learn it all, thanks to mates for percivering with me. It all boils down to amps out & amps in.
    The crux of it is solar works.
    it does im still learning but getting there i run a big mother waeco,freeze @-4+ or justfridge @ 1+ depends on whats in it how much and how far we go

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast