Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Attachment 45240
    Or just go to Repco or Rarespares and grab 2 Xc-XE falcon heater hoses for about $15 and they fit perfectly without any adaptors. Very neat.
    2005 TD42TI

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Hodge, spoke to repco bloke and he said he wouldn't use it for breather. Have you had yours done for a while. Hose ok?

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Supposedly they're not for oil yeah I've read that, mine has been on for about a month now and no leaks or no deterioration that I can see. In saying that I don't know whats going on inside the hose though.

The other alternative is go to enzed or pirtek as Mudski mentioned.
    And the OTHER alterative, are these guys who sell the provent kit.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PROVENT-2...64cc339&_uhb=1

If you message that seller and ask for a provent hose kit for a GU patrol they will send you all the bits needed including adaptors, clamps etc... Not sure what they will sting for this kit, as mine arrived as part of their provent package, and I didnt get charged for it.
    2005 TD42TI

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do all you guys plumb your catch can out let hose into the intake ? I plumbed mine in their & found that I am getting a small amount of oil in the intercooler. Is this ok or should I just let the outlet from the catch can vent into the engine bay ? Cheers for any ideas.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dumb question - but if the catch can is not drained for a while (say 15000klm or so), would you end up with any overflow getting blown into the intercooler? How much of a pain in the ass is it to clean it all out again?

I have a 'friend' who might not have emptied the catch can for a while....:-)
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post
    Do all you guys plumb your catch can out let hose into the intake ? I plumbed mine in their & found that I am getting a small amount of oil in the intercooler. Is this ok or should I just let the outlet from the catch can vent into the engine bay ? Cheers for any ideas.
    As far as I am aware mate that would be illegal to judt vent the outlet into the engine bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by FNQGU View Post
    Dumb question - but if the catch can is not drained for a while (say 15000klm or so), would you end up with any overflow getting blown into the intercooler? How much of a pain in the ass is it to clean it all out again?

I have a 'friend' who might not have emptied the catch can for a while....:-)
    Tell your friend to empty it once in a while. I empty mine every service, 5k and get around 125ml out of it. If the can is full it will have nowhere to go except into the air intake. I clean the filter with petrol. Make sure its dry then put it back in.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (22nd June 2014), foggs (9th October 2015), Hodge (21st June 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Illegal. Supposedly a heftier fine, than if you got caught with a blocked EGR.
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mudski - sorted it out. I figured it had to be the problem after noticing rough smokey starts recently. Much better.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished fitting mine.
    Took a bit of fiddling around to put in a spot where it would not touch or rub any other hoses but happy with the outcome.
    Had to make a little bracket like most others here. Also had to visit Enzed for the hoses and Bunnings for the fittings. In hindsight I should have probably gone for the Western Filters kit and save myself some time and hassle, but saving around $50 and solving the little puzzle was far more enjoyable

I used the original intake hose and used a 90 degree connector (3rd pic) to hook into outtake of catch can. Figured if I ever need to remove/disconnect the catch can, I can easily reconnect it as stock.

20151008_115025.jpg 20151008_230807.jpg 20151008_224002.jpg 20151008_225946.jpg 20151008_230341.jpg 20151009_084017.jpg
    Last edited by foggs; 7th November 2015 at 03:36 AM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, thanks for all the pics and tips etc.

I bought an autotecnica catch can from super of the cheap for $50 , unfortunately it can not be opened so would be dificult to add baffle. Will let you know after being fitted if it works or not.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast