Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 752 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygtu View Post
    Alexander,

In the north of Australia, the kids ask questions like ..... Dad, what do these buttons do and why does that dial go to red when you turn it clockwise, ..... when they look at the heater controls .....

In Tasmania, they dont even have AC as an option when they buy a new car ....

Mic
    Great! In this case if it is coolant (I hope it is not) just loop the system before the firewall under the bonnet and this will solve the problem forever!
    I'm Alexander and I'm the happiest owner of GQ Nissan Safari in the whole Central Asia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    Hey Mick....bit of standard Tassie weather for you :-)Attachment 42319
    I was joking ...... I love Tassie, and the weather has always been fantastic every time I go there .... although there was this one time in Hobart where the snow was falling outside my window in the middle of town ... that was cold .....

My point to Alexander was crudely demonstrated and offensive to all Tasmanians I know... , but was intended to enlighten Alexander as he is in a totally different climate, in that the temperatures here in Australia vary a lot - and the heater definitely gets used down in the Southern States for around half a year.

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

Pokey (25th March 2014), Wine_maker (25th March 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only smells like coolant. And if the water level in the radiator isnt dropping fast, then its not coolant frm the heater core.

These are only speculations, anyway.d

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it isn't coolant you might find an answer in this thread.
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water on passenger floor for me was leaky windsheild around the rubber and heater core tap. If it were heater related I reckon tap or hoses rather than core itself. Youve got to remove pretty much the whole dash to get into it safetly, at least with my mq its a simple job took 15 minutes. Assembling it all back can be a bit daunting for the first time but isnt hard either. Hope you resolve ya issue

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a rubber bung on on the bottom of the cab that popped out

9. The Following User Says Thank You to statok For This Useful Post:

rochjas (20th May 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem few months back. It was the windscreen rubber seal leaking for me. I went to supercheap auto and got some windscreen glass black sealant and sealed it myself. All good now.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guyz,
    A week ago my patrol was on oil changes etc ... And as I was having the same issue with water on the passagnger floor I asked the maintenance Guyz to call me wen they will take the cabin filter out --- then we found the AC drain pipe was kind of bended inside and so the outflow of the water was not that smooth and it was leaking there - most likely going thr some ups and downs not likely when running on the flat road.
    I was today goin thr some kind of sand mining area and so far not seen anything on the floor. The pipe looked to be not that strongly connected so it might be the problem in other cars as well.
    Rgrds, Krzysztof

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Krzysiek79krzysiek For This Useful Post:

Stropp (2nd January 2015)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123