Quote Originally Posted by GeeYouCRD View Post
Hi all, could those that have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge let me know what their readings are at idle and 2000 rpm, both at cold start up and then at operating temp. At idle Im getting as high as 70psi at cold startup, 32psi after idling warmup (factory temp gauage at about 1/4), and 18psi after a run (temp gauge at about half) . The big difference between cold and hot is concerning me after I just rebuilt the engine due to lack of oil pressure caused be loose oil pump cover bolts.
Workshop manual for CRD says should be more than 28psi at idle, more than 57psi at 2000rpm at normal operating temp. However what is normal operating temp? as this seems to have a huge bearing on pressure.
trying to work out if this is normal or I have a problem.
Is your aftermarket oil pressure gauge giving you accurate readings?? Double check them with a mechanical oil pressure test gauge to confirm whats going on first. I am in the process of ordering a oil pressure gauge for mine. Do you know what the thread size is for the oil pressure light sender unit ?? so I can order a T-Piece adaptor to suit.