Thread: 52inch LED bar. $29 + Delivery

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jc84 View Post
    Wait...I think it get it now, in your scenario of the hacker hacking my online banking details and stealing my money, the hacker is played by this ebay seller, as he's the one that takes the money. I am still the victom because i've still had the money taken off with nothing in return. haha.

But in seriousness, banks don't cover cybertheft, thats why they have daily transfer limits, activation codes usually sent via sms if you want to add a new external transfer account, the fact that you can't change you phone number or postal address online. You need to go into a branch for that and show them ID.
    So really the only way a hacker could transfer money anywhere but my usual external transfer account numbers (who would all happily refund the money) would be via Bpay....how many hackers are going to use bpay....
    I.E there's enough security built into your online banking that you need not stay up late guarding your password and access code, rest easy my friend.

That is unless ofcourse you mean the hacker hacked into the bank and stole money, which wouldn't bother you either.
    I do not know what the policy is for banks when it comes to cybertheft, I do know when someone else gets your credit card details and makes purchases with it your money gets reimbursed.

I do know activation codes for transfers 2 new accounts via sms is not fool proof and hackers have already worked around it

And there will never be enough security built into online banking, hackers / thieves are always one step in front
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,328 Times in 6,446 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just imagine the next meetup if we all got the lights. We'd light up camp like the MCG!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,439 Times in 6,264 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have not heard from them at all today.

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or sit around in the dark bitching about how they sent us dud lights.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to P4trol For This Useful Post:

AB (19th March 2014), MudRunnerTD (18th March 2014), ova50 (19th March 2014), threedogs (19th March 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I do not know what the policy is for banks when it comes to cybertheft, I do know when someone else gets your credit card details and makes purchases with it your money gets reimbursed.

I do know activation codes for transfers 2 new accounts via sms is not fool proof and hackers have already worked around it

And there will never be enough security built into online banking, hackers / thieves are always one step in front
    Yep I agree, like the old movie swordfish said the best hackers are the ones that people never even knew where there (or something like that). And I'm sure there probably enough of them getting around. I also know that non-approved purchases get refunded when on credit card, but that takes quite a while ANDDDD credit card companies have fraud insurance that covers that and then the fraudsters sometimes get caught and sometimes they drop the soap. Anyrate, I'm still unsure of what the analogy between hackers hacking accounts and fleecing money and now credit cards refunding unapproved purchases and our dealings with this ebay seller is. Please enlighten me? In plain English, not another confusing similar situation.

I still stand by the point that once a hacker took money from anyone's account (weather or not they can do it being beside the point) its gone, it's gone for good. The bank wont give it back to you.
    The banks not going to just turn around and give you money, after all they don't make billions in profit by giving it away, Yes I would ask the bank about cyber theft insurance if it happened to me, but wouldn't be hope-full of seeing a cent back.

BUT you have to remember that's in a banking world, where the banks make the rules, those same rules do not apply in an ebay world where ebay makes the rules. And ebays rules clearly state, once the buyer commits to buying and item from a seller he has to pay the seller and the seller has to send an item which matches the items descriptions. That's it. End of story. There is no 'get out of posting an item free' card if his account was hacked or the price was a type-o or bloody godzilla attacked.
    There is also no clause about the buyer having to accept refunds.

So as it stands according to the ebay law I am well withing my Ebay buying rights to argue with this seller and Mr Ebay and I both expect him to send me a 52" 300W combination spot/flood light, N.B. I expect him to, yet I do not think he will.
    I've already admitted that I like to argue and will continue to do so happily for the next 37 days with this seller, I have also already admitted that I am happy to exercising my right to be a prick when I am in the right. At the end of the 37 days of messaging this seller the worse outcome for me is that i have to lodge a claim that the item was never sent and after a while paypal give me 100% money back.
    Worst case for the seller is that paypal takes my money off him(no biggie he's already offered a refund +20$), he receives negative feedback (no biggie here either he already has a few hundred of these as we've discussed) and the fact that another item that this seller has sold hasn't been posted and they have another seller non-conformance (I want to know if the difference between what the seller is going to loose out on a 52" bar is worth another non-conformance).

My best guess on what's going to happen is that he'll keep making excuses until he get's tied/bored/lazy/annoyed and just wait it out, paypal will only take what I paid nothing extra, and he wouldn't be bothered by another negative feedback, and nothing will probably happen with Ebay and nonconforming. I.E. I am not hope-full on seeing a light-bar of any kind, I can't force him to send one nor do I think he will.

Yet you seem to have a problem with me not wanting to take his money plus some extra cash to leave positive feedback and have a laugh about it. Yet when all this is over I'll most likely only get my $43 back, and that's it. No other light-bars, no extra money as some have (no disrespect to those that did).

The evidence is pretty clear to me that it would have been a typo in the price (22.99 in place of 229.90 or whatever). If it had been a hacking, then why wasn't the price $50, or $1 buy it now for that matter? If there had been a hacking then ebay australia should have known something about it either via ebay hongkong as the seller said or Ebay Australia themselves.
    If the seller had come out and said 'hey really sorry but i stuffed up' I can surely say I would have just taken the refund +$5 and 5% discount as first offered. But it was all the bullshit stories that they came up with, 'hackers', then 'yes you can have the light ex china and there'll be a long wait', then 'sorry no stock in china', then 'sorry the dog ate the last lightbar then I ate him'. That is what ticked me off.

But I'm still dying to know where the link is between what hackers and banks and credit cards do and this Lightbar on ebay???

Could be getting a little off topic, but speak when spoken to and all that.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had my credit card scammed twice and my bank account once ... All up about twenty thousand dollars... The banks gave back every cent although it took about 6 weeks on memory.... Mum also had hers scammed for thousands and again money back.....

Never really have to worry about the banks as far as that is concerned..

Scotty

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rottodiver For This Useful Post:

jc84 (19th March 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's some shocking luck, but good to hear you got it back.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I have not heard from them at all today.
    You're being too nice mate...Lol. Simply tell them, you will leave neg feedback if they don't send what you want.

I love playing these games but getting sick of replying every half hour and going around in circles with this mob..Lol

So far I have been offered a 13"led bar or refund +$20 +10%discount.

OK, OK, one more push...hahaha

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,439 Times in 6,264 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep I just woke up to an email with the offer of the 13" bar. Told them the least I would settle for is a single row 30 inch bar

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

jc84 (19th March 2014), Maxhead (19th March 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the seller must have been hacked again...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300W-55in...item19e788cb77

Although this add says 55" bar, the dimensions are the same in the description as the one in our auction.

Pricing seems to be the first number the seller thinks of when they get out of bed in the morning. I've seen this same bar for sale for; $242, $409 and now $968

Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast