Thread: New MUDMAP High Country App

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is how my Hema Explorer on Android worked for me on our trip. This photo is zoomed out a bit, shows the tracks we done (most of ). it also shows camp grouds, toilets, and many other things.
    Attachment 43201

This is when I zoom in a little bit. Tracks become very detailed with names, elevation, etc... Clicking on each route we done shows time, elevation, average speed etc...
    Attachment 43202

Then I can upload the track to hema cloud and show few more details like below.
    https://cloud.hemaexplorer.com.au/pu...0tyevc/Aerial/

Here is a sample of high coutry walhalla area.
    Attachment 43203

I had my laminated rooftops map with me, and the hema was much more detailed, like had more tracks etc...
    Attachment 43204

The app is very fiddly so far as it is very new, some things are annoying etc... But it looks very promising.
    2005 TD42TI

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (12th April 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    This is how my Hema Explorer on Android worked for me on our trip. This photo is zoomed out a bit, shows the tracks we done (most of ). it also shows camp grouds, toilets, and many other things.
    Attachment 43201

This is when I zoom in a little bit. Tracks become very detailed with names, elevation, etc... Clicking on each route we done shows time, elevation, average speed etc...
    Attachment 43202

Then I can upload the track to hema cloud and show few more details like below.
    https://cloud.hemaexplorer.com.au/pu...0tyevc/Aerial/

Here is a sample of high coutry walhalla area.
    Attachment 43203

I had my laminated rooftops map with me, and the hema was much more detailed, like had more tracks etc...
    Attachment 43204

The app is very fiddly so far as it is very new, some things are annoying etc... But it looks very promising.
    Was just toying around with mates mudmaps, and his ones have nowhere near the detail hema has. Unless I'm doing something wrong?? Max zoom in, his Tallarook area shows roughly 50-60% of compared to the hema maps. Likewise with the rootop map I have. So far hema winning for me on all notes.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudMap View Post
    All our maps are compatible with all of our apps. So once you have purchased maps you can use them on any MUDMAP app. This is because we store your map purchases on a personal account which allows you to port any maps on the app of your choice. Mud Map is also compatible with rooftop.
    so I decided to try Mud Map 2 on the ipad, works quite well with the maps supplied though I haven't tried to purchase extra maps (maps supplied are quite limited for my use)
    I've downloaded the map converter and tried to run it but have been unable to convert any maps even rooftop maps (you will not that Mudmap claim that it works with rooftop maps)
    Looked up their web site problems page and its a common thread with people being unable to convert maps.
    would not recommend purchasing this app, there are easier ways to be frustrated that this!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mudmap convertor does work. The problem that occurs is the background permissions on the map you are trying to convert prevents them being converted to the mm format.

I have both the hema apps and mm2 as well and switch between them to get a good level of coverage and take paper maps as well as a backup
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 12,422 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have MM2 but the converter does not work for me either, with Rooftops maps but they are maps I have made myself. I can't remember what file type they are but I will look tonight.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    The mudmap convertor does work. The problem that occurs is the background permissions on the map you are trying to convert prevents them being converted to the mm format.

I have both the hema apps and mm2 as well and switch between them to get a good level of coverage and take paper maps as well as a backup
    The issue is that maps that mm day will work don't work that's false advertising

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a section on their site that states some types wont work but cant recall where it is
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    There is a section on their site that states some types wont work but cant recall where it is
    Yep went through all that. got about 6 gig of ozi maps did a random selection with no success. By the time you get to the point of the help and problem files you've already purchased the program under somewhat false pretences!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok just to update progress
    I've used windows compatibility trouble shooter to fix the conversion app and it now converts files that are ozf2 and ozf3 but not ozf4,
    Some of the maps dont calibrate in the correct location when used on mud map and some are fine.
    Getting closer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But still not as straight forward to use as Hema/MemoryMap by the sound of it....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast