Thread: New MUDMAP High Country App

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I would like to know... I am in the market for a good map software but dont want to waste my money???

If I was to buy this new High country app what do I actually get?? how does it work with other MM apps??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Sorry but I'm confused by the above response......
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Mud Map comes with 2 sets of maps. Their Australia wide map and a set of high country maps in 50k
    This new high country app just has a set of 25k high country maps.
    Still confused here??

So the MM2 has the a high Country in 1:50k scale at best? So this new App would operate concurrently with the MM2 if you already have that? Or solely if you don't? So anyone with MM2 would still buy this as an Addon? Or their ongoing updates sees the MM2 App incorporate 1:25k maps of the area?

Is this just an abridged version of MM2 just for the Highcountry?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the key inclusion is the 25K maps.
    I already have the VicMap 25K maps in my Hema app. It does look like there is a little more detail in these regarding campsites and POI. I still prefer the info in my scanned Rooftops Maps for the high country and use the VicMap info a a cross reference if I need to.
    My biggest reservation with all these new, fragmented mapping offerings from Hema and MudMap is that in many cases they are incompatible with maps I already have. In may cases, maps I have already purchased from those very same organisations.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

Winnie (15th March 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 6,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I already have the VicMap 25K maps in my Hema app. It does look like there is a little more detail in these regarding campsites and POI. I still prefer the info in my scanned Rooftops Maps for the high country and use the VicMap info a a cross reference if I need to.
    My biggest reservation with all these new, fragmented mapping offerings from Hema and MudMap is that in many cases they are incompatible with maps I already have. In may cases, maps I have already purchased from those very same organisations.
    Yep those rooftops are golden! I've got a couple to scan in.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi just to clarify:

The difference between Mud Map 2 and Mud Map High Country is that Mud Map 2 includes a very large range of maps Australia wide. These include Back Country Maps, Westprint Maps, THEMAP and all MUDMAP maps.

The Mud Map High Country App has one Australia wide map (THE MAP) plus 2 sets of High country maps 1) MUDMAP High Country Maps (1:50K) and 2) VICMAP Highcountry Maps (1:25K).

So the High Country App has more specific maps to the High Country whereas Mud Map 2 has more maps with Australia wide coverage. I hope this makes sense.

MM High Country (is just short for Mud Map High Country and refers to the High Country App)

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudMap For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (15th March 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All our maps are compatible with all of our apps. So once you have purchased maps you can use them on any MUDMAP app. This is because we store your map purchases on a personal account which allows you to port any maps on the app of your choice. Mud Map is also compatible with rooftop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    Yes I would like to know... I am in the market for a good map software but dont want to waste my money???

If I was to buy this new High country app what do I actually get?? how does it work with other MM apps??
    Hi,

With this app you get the following:

1) THEMAP: Australia wide interactive map with free monthly updates and +5,000 campsites
    2) MUDMAP High Country Maps (1:50k)
    3) VICMAP High Country Maps (1:25K)
    4) All GPS features of Mud Map 2.

This app is mainly designed for people that do not currently have Mud Map 2, and are looking specifically to travel the High Country Region.Which current Mud Map App do you have?

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudMap View Post
    Hi,

With this app you get the following:

1) THEMAP: Australia wide interactive map with free monthly updates and +5,000 campsites
    2) MUDMAP High Country Maps (1:50k)
    3) VICMAP High Country Maps (1:25K)
    4) All GPS features of Mud Map 2.

This app is mainly designed for people that do not currently have Mud Map 2, and are looking specifically to travel the High Country Region.Which current Mud Map App do you have?
    I do not have any mudmap or any other map software but am in the market.... why would I buy MM2 $99 when I can buy the new High country map for $49

Thanks
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 6,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like a good buy Johnny. The Aus wide app is pretty good, I was using it in the Brindies.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    I do not have any mudmap or any other map software but am in the market.... why would I buy MM2 $99 when I can buy the new High country map for $49
    If you drove primarily in the high country you probably wouldn't spend the extra. It does depend on their definition of high country though and if it lines up with where you do most of your driving.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast