Hi Guys,

I am brand new to Patrols, 4x4 and this forum however i am no stranger to mechanical faults.

I recently purchased a lemon (98 GU ST wagon, RD28) and after 4 weeks of ownership i have had, for the best part, a complete motor rebuild.
I got the car back 24 hours ago and this morning a new issue has surfaced. On my way to work, my car suddenly decided to sound like
it was sucking in the entire contents of the universe when spooling. No noise of very low revs or deceleration. there are no warning lights or loss
of power.

I checked all the piping to and from the turbo/IC/manifold whatever to make sure nothing had popped off as such, but it all looks ok (but i am no mechanic).
I didnt have enough time to fully check the IC and piping for splits or cracks, so i will do this later.

Most of the info i have found so far is quite broad in terms of, it could be anything from a sensor up to busted turbo.

I am running out of ideas and i don't want to have to send it back to the shop straight away as i have just spent a very large sum to try and keep this beast.
I will be having the shop look at it seeing as this has only happened after previous repair, however my previous experience with mechanics is they will find some way
to deny the responsibility of ownership that this has anything to do with their work. I'm not hating on the mechanics but this has happened to me many a time before and
i may be a lone soldier on this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

(i tried trauling through the forum first but i didn't really seem to find anything that matched a description like mine)