Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clutch problems help!!

Hi Guys,

I Brought a 07 GU manual from a Mazda dealer a month ago, The other day I noticed a squicking/swishing sound coming from the clutch when pressed in then when released didn't think much of it until I was driving to work the other day and noticed a chattering sound coming from the gearbox, Once I started to slow down just about to a stop with the clutch fully in I heard a clunck and it felt like the gearbox disengaged.... It only did it for about 2kms(City driving lots of stop starting) I took it back to the dealer to have a look and they advised they think it's the clutch but will have to take the box out to tell if it's a part fault or driver fault to determined if it's covered by warranty($800 to do so if it is driver fault). Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem ? And know what the fix is ? Before I give them the go ahead to pull the box out.

Many Cheers In Advance

Jay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    box out! could be a collapsed throw out bearing or broken spring in clutch plate, not worth risking i'd sooner pay out $800 than destroy a gearbox

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if you only bought it a month ago,how do they know it wasn't the last owner.I'd be finding out for sure if it's going to be covered before you let them pull it apart,once that's done,and they say you owe them or in for a big shit fight if they say your paying.Get someone else in the mechanic game to read through your warrenty booklet to see if they are bluffing first I reckon..Good luck.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the advice guys,Might pull the box out myself with a mechanic mate and see if drivers fault or part fault and go from there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybb View Post
    Cheers for the advice guys,Might pull the box out myself with a mechanic mate and see if drivers fault or part fault and go from there.
    ummm seriously I wouldnt do that until you have spoken to the dealer about the warranty, if you have been given a warranty it should be covered, they cant point the fault at driver error that would be very hard for them to prove being a 2nd hand car, mechanicals can let go at any time, but speak to the dealer first they didnt mind taking your money when you bought it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickie3 For This Useful Post:

Jaybb (12th March 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay,

If you have bought this from a reputable dealer, then they must honour the statutory warranty legislation for your state,

EG :
    http://www.usedcarsqueensland.com.au/index.php/warranty
    http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and...ibilities.aspx

Most states are around three months, so don't go pulling apart yourself - take it back, and point out the warranty requirements and that you want it fixed, as the truck is not drivable as it is.

Check out your paperwork from the dealer as well as the legislation for your state, and go in armed with the correct information.....

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

Avo (11th March 2014), Jaybb (12th March 2014), Rickie3 (11th March 2014)