Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Firstly don't shoot the messenger

Finally got to speak with Paul but these comments are from me NOT him, Pauls direct message is at the end.

I think some valid concerns have been raised that effect several members and some of the responses to these concerns are way over the top. Pictures of cement bags, panties in a knot, get over it, teenage girl comments etc. don't always go down that well with people who may be in a fragile state.
    You just need to read the Depression thread to see that not every person is in the right place all the time. This type of response may be just enough to push someone over the edge. I've always enjoyed this place and it's been a great forum and an escape from some of the issues I'm going through myself. The last six months have been tough, a young 20 year old died in a car accident 20 meters from my back door was tough seeing that and not being able to assist at 1am. Two months ago we lost our granddaughter at 24 weeks. This week my sister has gone into palliative care with inoperable cancer.
    Unfortunately it's no longer fun here but I've met some wonderful people and really enjoyed it, I'm not going (unless I get banned) but will step back a bit and see how it goes. Guess it also depends on how many responses I get to 'grow a set', 'toughen up' or a 'picture of a bag of cement'.

Mods feel free to close this if you wish, some will probably comment somewhere else anyway.

OK direct note from Paul

To all forum members,

I am trying to leave this great forum with dignity and respect to all members. I am totally

shocked that that I have been Banned for trying to delete my own personal information.

I have asked several times to a moderator on the forum to delete all my posts and threads. To

date this has not occurred. I have even sent a phone message to AB today for his assistance

and to date I have not been contacted.

I have had a fantastic two years with you folks, all I did was to bring a matter to the attention

of forum members because some forum members were leaving due to circumstances that I

believe could have been fixed with the proper communications.

I cannot believe how this situation has unfolded, I have not had one PM or phone inquiry to

what is going on from any of the forum moderators. I am disappointed that I have not been

personally contacted.

Folks, all I want to do, is to leave and get on with my life. I have made some tremendous

friendships and I intend to keep in contact with those people. I would just like my wishes be

respected and all my information deleted. (Is that too much to ask for?)

PS, I wish you all the best in life and I hope that you are successful in whatever endeavor

that you all decide to pursue in life!

Kind regards,

Paul
    Last edited by jack; 27th February 2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

my third 256 (27th February 2014), NP99 (27th February 2014), Stropp (27th February 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,740 Times in 2,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for passing on the info mate can you pm me his email address if thats ok with him, i did have his phone number but has been lost due to swapping phones.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,331 Times in 6,448 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sincere apologies to AB and Paul if my comments have upset you. the mods can delete my post if need be. I just dont see the need for any of this.
    Paul you are a great bloke and I am honered to have met you. I do wish you would come back some day. Also to others who have left this great place.

Mark.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Stropp (27th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollofish View Post

OK direct note from Paul

To all forum members,

I am trying to leave this great forum with dignity and respect to all members. I am totally

shocked that that I have been Banned for trying to delete my own personal information.
    So deleting most of your posts is leaving with dignity and respect to all members? Why are you shocked at been banned if you are removing all your post?

OK direct note from Paul

I have asked several times to a moderator on the forum to delete all my posts and threads. To

date this has not occurred.
    I don't know which moderator you have asked but you were asking the wrong person, Andy is the only one that can approve all posts / threads deletion started by an individual. Deleting all threads / posts by a member is not ever likely to be approved anyway as it destroys the content of the forum.

OK direct note from Paul,

I have even sent a phone message to AB today for his assistance

and to date I have not been contacted.
    Seriously.......... he is not even home from work and you want a reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK direct note from Paul,

I have had a fantastic two years with you folks, all I did was to bring a matter to the attention

of forum members because some forum members were leaving due to circumstances that I

believe could have been fixed with the proper communications.

I cannot believe how this situation has unfolded, I have not had one PM or phone inquiry to

what is going on from any of the forum moderators. I am disappointed that I have not been

personally contacted.

Folks, all I want to do, is to leave and get on with my life. I have made some tremendous

friendships and I intend to keep in contact with those people. I would just like my wishes be

respected and all my information deleted. (Is that too much to ask for?)

PS, I wish you all the best in life and I hope that you are successful in whatever endeavor

that you all decide to pursue in life!

Kind regards,

Paul
    I really got nothing more 2 say, If you wanted to leave the forum with dignity you would of just simply logged out never to return
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 27th February 2014 at 05:44 PM.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

04OFF (27th February 2014), @GUte (16th March 2014), AB (27th February 2014), BigRAWesty (27th February 2014), Bloodyaussie (2nd May 2014), FNQGU (27th February 2014), janderson (27th February 2014), lhurley (27th February 2014), megatexture (27th February 2014), my third 256 (27th February 2014), Patrol-Guy (27th February 2014), Timbo (27th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK direct note from Paul

To all forum members,

I am trying to leave this great forum with dignity and respect to all members. I am totally shocked that that I have been Banned for trying to delete my own personal information.

I have asked several times to a moderator on the forum to delete all my posts and threads. To date this has not occurred. I have even sent a phone message to AB today for his assistance and to date I have not been contacted.

I have had a fantastic two years with you folks, all I did was to bring a matter to the attention I f forum members because some forum members were leaving due to circumstances that I believe could have been fixed with the proper communications.

I cannot believe how this situation has unfolded, I have not had one PM or phone inquiry to what is going on from any of the forum moderators. I am disappointed that I have not been personally contacted.

Folks, all I want to do, is to leave and get on with my life. I have made some tremendous friendships and I intend to keep in contact with those people. I would just like my wishes be respected and all my information deleted. (Is that too much to ask for?)

PS, I wish you all the best in life and I hope that you are successful in whatever endeavor that you all decide to pursue in life!

Kind regards,

Paul
    It's a dead-set shame that it has come to this for Paul and others. Especially given the troubles he has had with his health. I feel disappointed that he feels let down by some of the members here.
    My personal view however is that to delete posts and threads as if an individual were never here is to deny history. It appears petty and flies in the face of "leaving with dignity and respect". That is not a personal criticism of Paul by the way and having met him and read his story I am genuinely surprised he has wished to take that sort of action. Perhaps shows the depth of his disappointment in whatever went on.
    TBH, I haven't read the terms of the forum but I imagine strictly speaking that any posts by members ultimately remain with the forum ownership. It is the way of the digital and online world.

Edit: Snap Toddie.
    Last edited by Drewboyaus; 27th February 2014 at 05:27 PM.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

my third 256 (27th February 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (27th February 2014), Timbo (27th February 2014), TPC (27th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so why do you keep going on about all this stuff cant we all let it go
    leave him in peace its his choice let it go
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to my third 256 For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (27th February 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (27th February 2014), Patrol-Guy (27th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if you're going to leave, do it quietly and honorably. I don't see the need to create multiple threads about leaving, threatening to leave, "what's wrong with the forum and that's why I'm leaving" and legal threats. The forum obviously means a lot more to some people than others, and I think those that are truly invested in it make the biggest noise when something has upset them. Everyone on this forum is on a level playing field. No-one is better than anyone else. The moderators donate their own time for free to keep the forum in tip-top shape. They are no better than anyone else. AB is the forum owner, he is no better than anyone else. So I really don't understand some of the righteousness I've seen in the last year with some people, I really don't. I've seen bullying on here, even though "good ol' Aussie Bloke" on here simply calls is jesting or a laugh. We've just had a female celebrity take her life due to online bullying. Granted, I'm sure she received far worse than will ever be here, but, all trees grow from a seed. I've seen physical violence threatened on here.

So, in closing -everyone.. let's just chill out, take a breathe and be sensible. Nothing is "going on".. there is nothing sinister at play. There's been a few misunderstandings in communication. Text is very hard to convey your true feelings and people read it how they read it. Let's just relax.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (27th February 2014), Drewboyaus (27th February 2014), krbrooking (28th February 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (27th February 2014), Patrol-Guy (27th February 2014), Winnie (27th February 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss you Tim!!!!!!

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, your posts are valuable to all, please don't delete them. I fully respect your wishes to want to leave the forum, but please leave your legacy, your stories, and the knowledge you imparted. I hope your health comes good, and would love to meet you if the 2015 Cape Trip comes around.

AB and the Mods - totally agree with your positions on this. Respectfully suggest we all move on...
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am that Moderator, I was in touch with Paul 2 days ago..............No further comments are required
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (27th February 2014)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast