The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone been to Nug Nug?

Thinking of dragging the camper up there this coming long weekend. It's on the road from Mansfield to Myrtelford on the Buffalo river. Found a few reviews and all looks good. Just wondering if anyone here has been there.

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for a while, but used to go there for a Triumph motorcycle rally each year. Nice little campground, but I prefer the less civilised bush camping a bit further on, down along the Buffalo River Road just out of Mrytleford . Turn right at the little roundabout on Bright Road. Follow the bitumen until it becomes dirt, & then follow the dirt, river on your left, plenty of camp spots. Used to have an annual Moto Guzzi Owners rally along there.

EDIT: I made a mistake, faulty memory. The bush camping to which I refer is not on the Buffalo River rd as described. Rather it is on the Buckland Valley Road. Continue through Myrtleford & on to Porepunkah. Turn right at Porepunkah, follow the bitumen until it becomes dirt & then follow the dirt, river on your left. Plenty of good camp spots all along the river. Apologies for mistake.
    Last edited by Cuppa; 24th February 2014 at 11:12 AM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

mudski (23rd February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Not for a while, but used to go there for a Triumph motorcycle rally each year. Nice little campground, but I prefer the less civilised bush camping a bit further on, down along the Buffalo River Road just out of Mrytleford . Turn right at the little roundabout on Bright Road. Follow the bitumen until it becomes dirt, & then follow the dirt, river on your left, plenty of camp spots. Used to have an annual Moto Guzzi Owners rally along there.

Bloody Hell Cuppa!! I reckon you and I may have had a drink together mate!

I was a founding member of the Geelong branch of the TOMCC Triumph Owners Motor Cycle Club.

The club had the Annual National Rally there for a few years. Great spot. Pretty close the town and there is a river there. I oly went there on the bike and went there to Drink and Party. Fairly large area though and you will find a good spot to setup camp Mark.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

mudski (24th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite possible MR! I went a few times. You might remember the likes of Clarky (Freckles), Gorgy, Cat, Leanne, & other Gippsland identities?

Possibly even more likely at the British Rally back when it was held near Dunkeld, then later at Newstead?
    Or maybe the Tumbarumba rallies (Empire Strikes Back)?

I was a TOMCC member back in the UK, but never joined here. I recollect one particular Geelong member with multi coloured hair, can't remember his name though, wasn't you was it?

Cuppa
    Last edited by Cuppa; 24th February 2014 at 07:09 AM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note EDIT to my earlier post re camp spots.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I was thinking of going to Lake Catani but from memory the camping spots are tiny and not real good for a camper trailer. Especially mine as its just over 5 metres long without pulling out the annex. I think I'll give Nug Nug a shot and see what its like.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (24th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Quite possible MR! I went a few times. You might remember the likes of Clarky (Freckles), Gorgy, Cat, Leanne, & other Gippsland identities?

Possibly even more likely at the British Rally back when it was held near Dunkeld, then later at Newstead?
    Or maybe the Tumbarumba rallies (Empire Strikes Back)?

I was a TOMCC member back in the UK, but never joined here. I recollect one particular Geelong member with multi coloured hair, can't remember his name though, wasn't you was it?

Cuppa
    Hey Cuppa, i got to Dunkeld a couple of times and it was a great Rally. never got to Newstead, think i was off the bike by then. Empire Strikes Back was run by TOMCC NSW and was a great gig, only got there once but had a blast. I was in the TOMCC from 1997 through to about 2001. I had a big crash that changes my world a little. Can remember anyone with loud hair from the Geelong group. Most of the guys from Geelong rode Thunderbirds except me, i was on a Strontium Gold T595 Daytona (Only one in the Club at that time) I liked going Fast I was around when Byro was the President before he was killed in 2002.

Happy days mate, met some great folks riding then. Great people from all over. I do recall that our club admired that there was a group that came from Gippsland to Nug Nug. Must have been you. Small World Cuppa.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I met Byro.
    Tumba was an annual 4 day run (party) that we did for a number of years.
    Reckon I did 12 or 13 british rallies, on again soon at Newstead, but always preferred the Dunkeld ones. Has become a big affair these days.
    Small world indeed.
    I have a Daytona too ....... but of the 1974 variety.

Sorry for the hijack Mudski ...... have a great break wherever you end up camping.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have been to Nug Nug before Mudski. Its a very basic camp ground and quite cheap to stay. They do have a web site with information. If you do follow Cuppa's advice and go to the Buckland - don't turn right at Porpunkah as that will take you to Mt Buffalo. Just go straight through the large roundabout and that is the Buckland Valley road. If you go in there and proceed just over 20 km from the bridge (where the road turns to dirt) you will get to Beveridge's Station. There are plenty of large free camp spots right on the river. There are no facillities - you will need your own toilet set up. The road is quite good dirt. I have no problem getting my caravan down there.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been past there but never stopped. As for the other place. Do they have toilets? Doesn't worry me but with the wife and two daughters it may pose an issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast