Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Servicing your winch

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Hodge, yes that is the one, when I bought the winch 18 months ago, it had the wrong booklet in the box so I contacted them, and they emailed me a correct one. The diagram is in that. I am trying to work out how to attach a pdf and then I could post it here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GU8 2012 Simpson anniversary model, 3" redback exhaust, 2nd primary filter (original secondary), provent 200, Scangauge, engine watchdog, remote uhf dash plug, DRL's, pillarpod with pyro and boost, Titan drawer system, tail light upgrade, more to come

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is the condition of my clutch pin and its 18 months old
    GU8 2012 Simpson anniversary model, 3" redback exhaust, 2nd primary filter (original secondary), provent 200, Scangauge, engine watchdog, remote uhf dash plug, DRL's, pillarpod with pyro and boost, Titan drawer system, tail light upgrade, more to come

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hodge I did actually read that thread some time ago, and took on board what some said about too much grease etc. I only smeared grease on the surfaces of the gears pins and other touching parts, and individually each component moved easily. The hardest part to move collectively was the new clutch and brake within its housing behind that huge circlip. I believe after doing this service ( this is the 3rd in 18 months) that it is the clutch part that makes free spooling so hard. When I get down to the second last layer of rope, I simply can't move it, I have to use the motor. Guys may have less trouble, dont really know.
    I should also say that I have just opened my email to find that pdf and had an email there from Runva today. I have sent them what they want in pics and receipt, so hope to hear back soon.
    If you pm me your email, I could send you the pdf, but its almost 3mb so dont want to attach it here, unless someone can tell me how without it turning out HUGE like my last pic LOL. cheers Lana

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I don't think it's right. Free spool should be "free" spool . When I contacted Runva first thing he asked was have I unwound the rope all the way out and back in to get everything lubed up inside , every 4-6 weeks like suggested in the manual .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Yeah right! Im lucky to even look at mine every 4-6 months. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Just serviced mine yesterday and the gear oil was milky damn it!!!
    Yeah that means its stuffed then. Better give it to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123