Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following.

I've got a winch, but never used it in anger. Actually, I've never used it in 7 years. lol - for those that know me. PML
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples View Post
    Hi Apples, I had look through the manual and yes it mentions Gear Oil. The gear Oil will have a thinner viscosity and will work better in the fast moving parts where they have recommended it.

Interesting actually. I rebuilt my lowmount and just used CV grease everywhere, when I put it on the car and unlocked the free spool I couldn't pull out the rope. The slip friction from the thick grease locked it up. I stripped out the winch and swapped the CV grease for I think LMM grease to those moving parts and it made a huge difference. Next time I strip it out I will use gear oil.

When in doubt read the manual.......
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha sweet ill give it a go and see how it works. Thanks for the info mudrunnerTD

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just finished servicing my Runva 11xp Premium winch, that is only 18 months old. When I first purchased the winch, I opened up the gearbox and cleaned out the factory grease which I was advised to do from others who had bought winches. My previous experiences with winches were all mechanical/gearbox driven.
    Anyway the reason I needed to service it was because the clutch handle had "jammed", it couldn't be moved in either direction. I had researched this problem, and found that some other Runva users had problems with water ingress through the clutch shaft under the handle. When I disassembled the gearbox and washed it out, there were signs of a very small amount of corrosion on the lock cylinder and on the main drum gear. The grease was only slightly emulsified. After 2 hours of swearing and heaps of inox and freeze spray, I eventually got the shaft out of the gearbox housing. It had rusted solid in the spring chamber. The shaft is pitted but the plunger is still ok. In the exploded diagram that Runva provide, there is no mention of a seal. I have emailed them for their input and possible warranty claim, since it is supposed to be ip67 rated. In the meantime, I have put it all back together with the spring chamber packed with grease. I will upload pics later, I have to work out how to downsize them (computer technically challenged here LOL). Anyway hope that may help others to remember to check that area as well as other usual servicing when having been in water. cheers Lana
    GU8 2012 Simpson anniversary model, 3" redback exhaust, 2nd primary filter (original secondary), provent 200, Scangauge, engine watchdog, remote uhf dash plug, DRL's, pillarpod with pyro and boost, Titan drawer system, tail light upgrade, more to come

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shantillylais View Post
    I have just finished servicing my Runva 11xp Premium winch, that is only 18 months old. When I first purchased the winch, I opened up the gearbox and cleaned out the factory grease which I was advised to do from others who had bought winches. My previous experiences with winches were all mechanical/gearbox driven.
    Anyway the reason I needed to service it was because the clutch handle had "jammed", it couldn't be moved in either direction. I had researched this problem, and found that some other Runva users had problems with water ingress through the clutch shaft under the handle. When I disassembled the gearbox and washed it out, there were signs of a very small amount of corrosion on the lock cylinder and on the main drum gear. The grease was only slightly emulsified. After 2 hours of swearing and heaps of inox and freeze spray, I eventually got the shaft out of the gearbox housing. It had rusted solid in the spring chamber. The shaft is pitted but the plunger is still ok. In the exploded diagram that Runva provide, there is no mention of a seal. I have emailed them for their input and possible warranty claim, since it is supposed to be ip67 rated. In the meantime, I have put it all back together with the spring chamber packed with grease. I will upload pics later, I have to work out how to downsize them (computer technically challenged here LOL). Anyway hope that may help others to remember to check that area as well as other usual servicing when having been in water. cheers Lana
    Is your Runva winch the one like in this picture ???

Because I'm about to do the same to mine . Except mines very stiff on freespool. But I've got warranty grounds there too so I can just send it in .
    But id like to do it my self to learn the ins and outs of it. See my thread about it here.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=40664

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also where did you get the blown up schematic of the winch from Runva ?

2005 TD42TI

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Is your Runva winch the one like in this picture ???

Because I'm about to do the same to mine . Except mines very stiff on freespool. But I've got warranty grounds there too so I can just send it in .
    But id like to do it my self to learn the ins and outs of it. See my thread about it here.

My old TJM OX winch is stiff on free spool. Even after I serviced it. So I left it thinking thats how they are. I think I've used my winch maybe five times in five years. Everytime for bog holes. Now I just go around those.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's right. Free spool should be "free" spool . When I contacted Runva first thing he asked was have I unwound the rope all the way out and back in to get everything lubed up inside , every 4-6 weeks like suggested in the manual .

2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 20,716 Times in 8,560 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just serviced mine yesterday and the gear oil was milky damn it!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast