Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyro/Boost/ + Extra?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help so far.

I have now been toying with the idea if using a temp sensor to monitor cooling temps. I'm kinda thinking that if I'm going to do it once, then I should do it right the first time.

a) Has anybody fitted a surface temperature sender in case of a loss of coolant? Would this setup be more thorough then the radiator hose adaptor setup? If so where would you the sender?

b) has anybody fitted the pyro pre-turbo, straight into the middle if the manifold? Is there a splitter that you need to mount in the middle of?

Thanks,

Cam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotTortoise View Post
    Thanks for the help so far.

I have now been toying with the idea if using a temp sensor to monitor cooling temps. I'm kinda thinking that if I'm going to do it once, then I should do it right the first time.

a) Has anybody fitted a surface temperature sender in case of a loss of coolant? Would this setup be more thorough then the radiator hose adaptor setup? If so where would you the sender?

b) has anybody fitted the pyro pre-turbo, straight into the middle if the manifold? Is there a splitter that you need to mount in the middle of?

Thanks,

Cam
    Hi Cam,

I had my pyro pre turbo for a while and the temps were much higher and tended to spike up more often, much more variation. To be honest it did my head in. I have now moved my pyro to post turbo and have temps consistent with everyone else and can use the same bench marks as everyone else in discussions and setting s re optimal temp range.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

NotTortoise (9th March 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cam if your going Autron gauges jump on their web site and have a look at their internet only specials they have a couple nice kits for gu's there.

Sherro

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Sherro. I've looked at the kits and the look like a good idea, but they aren't quite what i'm looking for. I like the triple display so that I can see all of my data one simple gauge. I would like to go the dual battery road soon, and when I do i might mount the battery gauge a bit out of the way compared to my first gauge, so the pillar pod might be a waste too.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries Cam i have the triple function boost/pyro great gauge but the pyro kicks off at 300c i'm going back to the new dual function gauge so the pyro runs full sweep with digital boost read out i also have the dual battery gauge and the lighting controller as i don't have a dimming circuit works a treat the gauges are very bright with out a dimmer at night.

Cheers Sherro

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mudrunner. If you were using a gauge with peak hold, would that have helped smooth out the spikes that you came across? I suppose you raise a good point that if I do it the same as everybody else on the forum it wouuld be more useful down the track seeking advice. I like the way you think.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sherro, I didn't even consider the low cut off. Are the ones they are selling now the same?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Cam the triple function gauges haven't changed they only released a new dual function boost/pyro the pyro runs 0-1000 deg with digital boost read out. The main reason i went autron was because i didn't want an overload on gauges in the cab.

Sherro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12