Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel range GU 2010

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You will get variations with different vehicles obviously so best to work out your l/100 to be sure of what you can get out of it.
    My GU6 auto was pretty even through the fuel gauge(~650km main tank) but my GU8 manual gauge is very different first half to second half.(~700km to main tank)

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always seem to get around 660 - 690 before the low fuel light comes on with my CRD. 95 Litre tank with approx 10 Litres left in the bottom when I fill up.

Mine averages around 13 Litres per hundred with 33 inch tyres.

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wa 489 View Post
    just been wondering if the new car is using to much fuel,getting close to 400km and closer to the quarter than the half,any one know what range to expect out of a 3LT GU 2010,have pm'd someone and they said they got close to 750 once but usually less than that.Does the last bit last longer than the first bit.Seems just as thirsty as my GQ 4.2lt.hopped in it today and just thought it has used a bit of fuel for the km I have done thats all.
    Cheers
    im getting about that figure around town with my wife driving it and she is heavy footed (drives me crazy) but mine the odometer is reading 6% short ive checked this numerous times on the 5klm test areas and its always exactly reads 4.7klm so give yours a check. see if that can make you feel a bit better. tyres 275/65/17
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin07 For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems just as thirsty as my GQ 4.2lt.
    Cheers
    Did a trip to the cape in 2003 in my GQ 4.2 no turbo, had a GU 3 lt with us. We were within 10 lt per tank of diesel over 500km run with a similar load and no roof racks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to liftlid For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got max 600km out of my 3.0 gu3 with 285 75. Then I did all the nads, new maf sensor and put a 3" exhaust and I've hit 650km and the light hasn't gone on yet, close though. 80L tank
    Also I get 400km out of the first half
    Last edited by critta11; 14th February 2014 at 09:55 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to critta11 For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main tank: Last Highway only trip I done, it used 79 litres for 698ks.
    Local running varies but most times 580 to 600 a tank (when the low fuel light comes on)
    Currently have done 680ks using both main and 2nd tank and the gauge is a little over 1/4 off empty, this included a mix of highway, local and some low range work.
    Was a CRD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ova50 For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks guys,I'll be happy if I get 600km out of the main tank,was thinking after I posted this we did a bit of 4wd-ing in it aswell(forgot when question fuel range)but I have filled it up so when this empties and the transfer tank I will know,i'll do this a few times then I know where I stand on usuage.It's bloody hard not to low range for a tank down here but,only live 20km from some of the best fishing beaches in the sth wst I reckon.

I'll also get the misses to clean her MAF and check her nuts..LMAO

Cheers for the replies and hopefully I can get some good miles..i could get my GQ down to 16/100 so maybe thinking I was going to get heaps better
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys,I'll be happy if I get 600km out of the main tank,was thinking after I posted this we did a bit of 4wd-ing in it aswell(forgot when question fuel range)but I have filled it up so when this empties and the transfer tank I will know,i'll do this a few times then I know where I stand on usuage.It's bloody hard not to low range for a tank down here but,only live 20km from some of the best fishing beaches in the sth wst I reckon.

I'll also get the misses to clean her MAF and check her nuts..LMAO

Cheers for the replies and hopefully I can get some good miles..i could get my GQ down to 16/100 so maybe thinking I was going to get heaps better

Depending on what you have on it, you should get around 13 as the average .... my last four have all been around that, but I have had them all set up fairly similar.

No bar-work, no lift, and standard tyres will see you down between 11-12, but not much better than that.

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some of the km range figures people are throwing here makes me nervous. I'm lucky to get 700 form both tanks. That's 120L. Although I do have 33" all terrains, bull bar and steel roof rack, I was hoping for better economy. Mine is mostly city/suburban driving though (stuck on the bloody ring road). Now that I've freed the car up a bit with some NADS (drives much smoother) we'll see what that does to the economy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Some of the km range figures people are throwing here makes me nervous. I'm lucky to get 700 form both tanks. That's 120L. Although I do have 33" all terrains, bull bar and steel roof rack, I was hoping for better economy. Mine is mostly city/suburban driving though (stuck on the bloody ring road). Now that I've freed the car up a bit with some NADS (drives much smoother) we'll see what that does to the economy.
    Fark no don't tell me that,so this thing is as hungry as my other.i fill up my 130lt tank on the gq and get close to 750 if I work hard on saving fuel(ie not doing 120-130 while towing)
    I really thought(well I didn't think actually) that being newer would be heaps better economy...Fark
    finding out about 3" exhaust and chip today or over the weekend hopefully.My mate works at the Nissan dealer down here and his mate is trading his car in with it all,he is pulling it off so I can grab them cheap of him if I please..
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast