Thread: Fuel range GU 2010

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I doubt it. They don't have enough volts running through them to do that.
    It would be the higher current which would make the wire red hot.
    From a quick bit of research it looks like all hot wire MAF sensors have this "burn-off" function whey they heat( up to1000c) to burn off any crap on the wire. I suppose if they didn't have this function there would be a lot of cars playing up..LOL

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good point mate. Low volts, high current. I should bloody know, play with electricity daily at work. LOL
    Maybe these MAFs do have it too then, who bloody knows.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good point mate. Low volts, high current. I should bloody know, play with electricity daily at work. LOL
    Maybe these MAFs do have it too then, who bloody knows.

Yeah, maybe someone in the know can clarify...but still can't beat the occasional contact cleaner spray...LOL

Apparently this is controlled by the MAF burn-off relay which can be heard after you switch the car off....hmm now I know what those clicks are after switch off
    Last edited by Maxhead; 16th February 2014 at 07:49 PM.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Yeah, maybe someone in the know can clarify...but still can't beat the occasional contact cleaner spray...LOL

Apparently this is controlled by the MAF burn-off relay which can be heard after you switch the car off....hmm now I know what those clicks are after switch off
    You are onto something there mate. Everytime I car shuts off, there is a small, almost like a suction noise, followed by a click. I always assumed it was to do with the alarm or the immobilizer or something kicking in.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are onto something there mate. Everytime I car shuts off, there is a small, almost like a suction noise, followed by a click. I always assumed it was to do with the alarm or the immobilizer or something kicking in.
    It may be that but the butterfly valve that cuts off the intake when the engine it turned off makes a suction/click noise and you can see it happen at the back of the block under the intercooler. Does make sense that the maff would burn off though.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do wonder why my maf sensor just crapped itself one day, maybe had too much gunk on it and couldn't cope or maybe just burnt itself out?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never heard of nor can I find any reference to a "MAF burn off Relay" in the factory manuals.

Any idea on where it is located or a reference to it? Not saying it doesn't exist just saying I've never come across one in my delving into the intricacies of CRD's

That suction noise is more likely what Critta is talking about I think

AFAIK there a are two sensors in the MAF package. A mass sensor and an air temp sensor. A failure of either will cause issues
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    I've never heard of nor can I find any reference to a "MAF burn off Relay" in the factory manuals.

Any idea on where it is located or a reference to it? Not saying it doesn't exist just saying I've never come across one in my delving into the intricacies of CRD's

That suction noise is more likely what Critta is talking about I think

AFAIK there a are two sensors in the MAF package. A mass sensor and an air temp sensor. A failure of either will cause issues
    I'm just using a general term which I found while researching MAF sensor burn off function which is a part of most hot wire MAFS(heaps of info on the net). I'm not sure if the Patrol has this function or not but it would make sense to have it, but then again we're talking Nissan here...LOL

I'm sure I read it on the forum somewhere that's why I mentioned it and I definitely can hear a couple of relay clicks when I switch mine off...Might pull the MAF out and test it to see if it glows red after switch off.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just using a general term which I found while researching MAF sensor burn off function which is a part of most hot wire MAFS(heaps of info on the net). I'm not sure if the Patrol has this function or not but it would make sense to have it, but then again we're talking Nissan here...LOL

I'm sure I read it on the forum somewhere that's why I mentioned it and I definitely can hear a couple of relay clicks when I switch mine off...Might pull the MAF out and test it to see if it glows red after switch off.
    Not sure it would be a good Idea to have the car running with the maf seņor out. Also you can test the maf with a multimeter. Youl have to double check the numbers but from left to right the wires should read
    1.5-2 v
    0v
    6v
    Whatever your battery voltage is. 12-13v
    Like I said that's what I can remember so I may be a bit off but I'm pretty sure it's the first wire that will tell you if the sensor is playing up. Mine was 1v

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by critta11 View Post
    Not sure it would be a good Idea to have the car running with the maf seņor out. Also you can test the maf with a multimeter. Youl have to double check the numbers but from left to right the wires should read
    1.5-2 v
    0v
    6v
    Whatever your battery voltage is. 12-13v
    Like I said that's what I can remember so I may be a bit off but I'm pretty sure it's the first wire that will tell you if the sensor is playing up. Mine was 1v

Ammm, there is nothing wrong with my MAF ,,LOL

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast