Thread: Fuel range GU 2010

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 93patrol View Post
    i have a mate with a standard 2009 gu auto and he cleans his MAF once a month and gets the best economy out of it then when he doesn't clean it regulary it uses more diesel.

Fry was saying that if his boost goes over 8PSI his economy goes down hill but i can't remember fully what he said but his is also manual
    93Patrol,

It seems a little excessive cleaning the Maf every month ..... I have never ever cleaned mine on 4 different Patrols - with heaps of k's too.

Unless he is doing heaps of k's, I think it would be more costly to clean the Maf every month, then pay for the extra fuel used

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wa 489 View Post
    decided to finish this tank through it then do the MAF clean and see if recognise the difference,fuel light come on at 473km,put transfer pump on run that through then clean it.

got the torx bit thanks,best thing about living opposite the workshop.
    Sweet... don't forget to look into getting a Scan gauge or one of it's clones
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th February 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Sweet... don't forget to look into getting a Scan gauge or one of it's clones
    Hey evil, can you point us to a proper scan gauge mate. Just looking at eBay and there is various ones on there.
    2005 TD42TI

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "For example, if you killed your grandfather, you'd cease to exist!"
    ―Professor Farnsworth
    "But existing is basically all I do!"
    ―Fry

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fry For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygtu View Post
    93Patrol,

It seems a little excessive cleaning the Maf every month ..... I have never ever cleaned mine on 4 different Patrols - with heaps of k's too.

Unless he is doing heaps of k's, I think it would be more costly to clean the Maf every month, then pay for the extra fuel used

Mic
    If your living on dirt roads as I do or do a lot of off-road driving it's recommended to clean the maff every service. It's a very easy thing to do and only takes 5mins.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    Thanks for that mate. Scangauge ordered.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by critta11 View Post
    If your living on dirt roads as I do or do a lot of off-road driving it's recommended to clean the maff every service. It's a very easy thing to do and only takes 5mins.
    I thought these sensors are self cleaning where (after switch off or on switch on) they glow red hot to burn off any crap on the wire...I could be wrong but I suppose its still a good idea to clean them every now and again to make sure. Mine is 2 years old and never cleaned...LOL maybe I should give it a quick spray.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    I thought these sensors are self cleaning where (after switch off or on switch on) they glow red hot to burn off any crap on the wire...I could be wrong but I suppose its still a good idea to clean them every now and again to make sure. Mine is 2 years old and never cleaned...LOL maybe I should give it a quick spray.
    They could but I haven't heard of that. If you don't have a catch can you'll be surprised with the amount of oil and gunk on them even when they look clean. Use CO contact cleaner that leaves no residue or a maff sensor cleaner and spray it over a White cloth till it runs clear. Mine hadn't been cleaned for it's lifetime (180,000) and was working fine (what I thought was fine) till it stopped functioning properly and car was driving like sh!#. Cleaned it but it was past that. Bought a new one and drove like new! So if you clean them regularly I assume they won't burn out.
    Also I've heard you should unhook the battery for around 10mins to reset the computer but I'm not sure how much that changes things.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by critta11 View Post
    Thanks Critta,

I didn't know that, and haven't seen that in the service book.

Mine gets done by Nissan, and I wonder if Nissan actually do that at the service.....

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    I doubt it. They don't have enough volts running through them to do that. I bought a new one from mudski a while back and replaced my old one which was pretty dirty. Pretty sure I posted a photo of the compared pair somewhere on here. New one I've cleaned every oil change. If you spray it above a clean white paper, you will see how much s*** comes out of it. I think even a tiny coat of crap over the sensor can affect the voltages send to the ECU, which in turn could affect your performance.
    2005 TD42TI

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast