Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel range GU 2010

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a mate with a standard 2009 gu auto and he cleans his MAF once a month and gets the best economy out of it then when he doesn't clean it regulary it uses more diesel.

Fry was saying that if his boost goes over 8PSI his economy goes down hill but i can't remember fully what he said but his is also manual

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Some of the km range figures people are throwing here makes me nervous. I'm lucky to get 700 form both tanks. That's 120L. Although I do have 33" all terrains, bull bar and steel roof rack, I was hoping for better economy. Mine is mostly city/suburban driving though (stuck on the bloody ring road). Now that I've freed the car up a bit with some NADS (drives much smoother) we'll see what that does to the economy.
    That seem a lot I can get 900 k out of 120 lt with 33 MUDs bullbar winch, loaded draws, lifted

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wa 489 View Post
    Fark no don't tell me that,so this thing is as hungry as my other.i fill up my 130lt tank on the gq and get close to 750 if I work hard on saving fuel(ie not doing 120-130 while towing)
    I really thought(well I didn't think actually) that being newer would be heaps better economy...Fark
    finding out about 3" exhaust and chip today or over the weekend hopefully.My mate works at the Nissan dealer down here and his mate is trading his car in with it all,he is pulling it off so I can grab them cheap of him if I please..
    Last time I checked I got 12.5l/100km. I run 33" AT with rear bar and dual spare wheels and its a manual. I am yet to do a car km vers GPS km check on it tho.
    No other mods to the car what so ever.

Also with regards to 93Patrols post I find that if shes sitting on around 9PSI or higher it starts sucking the juice. thats usually anything over 85-90kmph for me. I have some small leaks in my intercooler as well.
    Last edited by Fry; 14th February 2014 at 02:22 PM.
    "For example, if you killed your grandfather, you'd cease to exist!"
    ―Professor Farnsworth
    "But existing is basically all I do!"
    ―Fry

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fry For This Useful Post:

93patrol (14th February 2014), Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fark no don't tell me that,so this thing is as hungry as my other.i fill up my 130lt tank on the gq and get close to 750 if I work hard on saving fuel(ie not doing 120-130 while towing)
    I really thought(well I didn't think actually) that being newer would be heaps better economy...Fark
    finding out about 3" exhaust and chip today or over the weekend hopefully.My mate works at the Nissan dealer down here and his mate is trading his car in with it all,he is pulling it off so I can grab them cheap of him if I please..
    im around 17-20 per 100ks but you know the rest lol
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you clean the maf sensor regularly it'll make a difference, deffinatly worth checking it with the multimeter to see if it's working correctly. Mine had done 180,000km before I luckly only busted my intercooler. I'd be checking the intake manifold/getting it cleaned if it hasn't had the egr blocked and oil catch can. Also the DEA 3" pipes on ebay are awesome and only $600!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to critta11 For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just been wondering if the new car is using to much fuel,getting close to 400km and closer to the quarter than the half,any one know what range to expect out of a 3LT GU 2010,have pm'd someone and they said they got close to 750 once but usually less than that.Does the last bit last longer than the first bit.Seems just as thirsty as my GQ 4.2lt.hopped in it today and just thought it has used a bit of fuel for the km I have done thats all.
    Cheers
    Buy a scan gauge. Easily the best "under $200" accessory you can have on a CRD Patrol.

The tell you how much fuel you used, how much you are using, fuel left etc etc

You will save $200 in fuel in 12 months easily plus never use your fuel gauge again. They also monitor boost pressure, coolant temp, engine load, Alternator etc etc etc

The only other instrument you will ever need is an EGT gauge... and maybe a tranny temp gauge if you have an auto and tow very heavy trailers.

I get 12.5 LPH averaged over 140,000 K's but my vehicle is "heavily mod'd and heavy. I clean the MAF every 20,000 K's or so but have never noticed much difference altho it probably doesn't get dirty enough to start playing up.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 14th February 2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so I will go and clean the Mrs's MAF this weekend,now to go read up where to find it...been a while..
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

Clunk (15th February 2014), Maxhead (15th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the intake about 300mm from the air box. Easy to see.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to critta11 For This Useful Post:

Avo (15th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so I will go and clean the Mrs's MAF this weekend,now to go read up where to find it...been a while..
    You will need an appropriate size security torx bit to undo the mounting screws
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    decided to finish this tank through it then do the MAF clean and see if recognise the difference,fuel light come on at 473km,put transfer pump on run that through then clean it.

got the torx bit thanks,best thing about living opposite the workshop.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast