Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hdp air box lid

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah this is likely to be cos of your high flow maf and a small reduction in velocities due to bigger piping. If you could adapt your maf to a 4" setup all the way from snorkel to turbo then you would certainly see a difference particularly in response and torque.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yeah this is likely to be cos of your high flow maf and a small reduction in velocities due to bigger piping. If you could adapt your maf to a 4" setup all the way from snorkel to turbo then you would certainly see a difference particularly in response and torque.
    Yeah after installing the lid and housing I looked at the piping from there to the turbo. Much smaller in diameter. I actaully drew out and measured up new piping to match the MAF housing all the way to the turbo but time restraints due to work has stalled that idea. Plus having a TD42 in my garage has kinda made me lose a little interest in spending any more time and money on it.
    But, if I were to do this I would try to make the housing on the intake side of the turbo bigger too. But that would be a big job in itself...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12