Thread: Sadly goodbye Mq, but wait.... Theres a gq

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of things to check then.
    Has it got castor correction or drop boxes??
    If you look at the radius arm bushes are they offset in the Bush? Or plates hanging Off it?

Or do your radius arms attach to a box below the chassis??
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey sorry, its been ww3 in my personal life lately so sorry for the late reply. I did the damper and the wabbles all gone, with only the occasional ever so light shimmy in the steering wheel assuring me the band aid theory was right. I checked the radius arm tonight and where it mounts to the chassis it seems to have one hell of a huge bush either side, but thats the best i can see in the dark and wet. Ill take some pictures tomorrow of the underside. I do remember when i did inspect the radius arms a few weeks back that all bushes looked to be new, and the suspension is older so I would assume its got caster correctors, but to assume is to make an ass out of you and me so Ill take some photos tomorrow. I do think the rear swaybar links have not been done though, so maybe the previous owners been doing a dodgy.
    Cheers and sorry again, I assure you ill be on here more from now on and will take your advise openly
    Rob

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did fit the Cb, finish off the stereo too. Ive got a sealed 10" Pioneer sub in a 2L smaller sized box to limit size of box, but also Im only running the sub at half its capacity so it should compensate. Have JVC 6.5" shallow 2 ways on the doors, Pioneer 6" 3 ways in rear doors, Fusion 4" 2 ways in the rear wheel well trims almost above the sub and then the sub. Im running an Axis AX1203bt ( sadly came from mq as it was a 24v compatible stereo), a Phillips 60w rms 4 channel amp hidden next to the jack compartment and an Audioline 150w rms 2 ch amp. Im running the sub off the Audioline amp and the rest off the phillips. Im running the 50w rms max Pioneer 6" speakers at 60w rms off the amp at 4 ohm and the Fusions+JVC's at 2 ohm to add extra sound to compensate poor placement of front speakers from factory and the sub. At 2 ohm the front JVC's and Fusions have restricted bass input, so that works out great too as they now cover mids to highs. Just right for a 4" pair and shallow mounts in the doors.
    I ran 2 handles on the box not for hooking to, but to somewhat protect the sub. Ive mounted them as so even if they give way, they will act as a barrier still to protect the sub. I do want a decent cover for the sub but the factory surround is stopping just your jaycar jobbie. Ive decided on the 3 metal pipes connected to brackets on ebay style and that should tie in with the handles. Just cant explain another purchase on the audio when other jobs are more important on her. It will be safe for now and really takes up little room. Even the seats still function fully in the rear i.e pulling away for added storage.
    Anyway, heres some phone pictures for now

And the courtesy light fitted for ignition barrel

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engine wise I cant really complain. She always starts, even with the stereo going for a while on accessory. Just needs a freshening up. It looks to have been a heavy tower and then went to a kid who bushed it hard. Still pulls off the lights and surprises you how quick it can move for a big girl but she hates hills if your not on top of gear selections. I think the pipe from the manifold to the cats maybe perished, but that will be done with the extractors and hopefully high flow cat. Its a bit funny on 2nd when cold or if hard shifting, but thats to be expected of a tower. Clutch seems fine but I have plans for a fluid flush very soon just in case. Nissan go on about how strong the 5 speed was, so it should hold for now. If the box or engine goes, Id like to sat a replacement tb42e and 5 speed would go back in but the lure of a v8 is tempting. All in the future though. With the work I can see thats been done suspension wise it obviously had some money spent on it, but it needs more. Im going to recover the rear wheel well trims and remove the 7th seat hole thats created either side. Ill also redo the rear barn door trims. It has to be done in a neat yet rugged way. Ive left the factory barn door speaker covers on as they are resilient. Function, practicality, max efficiency/power and still be able to be slept in in the bush if needed is what I am after.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the reverse cowl, I plan to have it open from the top to half way down windscreen side to extract heat, but also to not allow much water to enter unless submerged. Is it best to cut the bonnet completely around the inner sides of the cowl, or would it be best to only run a hole down near the front of the cowl to catch the air rebounding off the firewall?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh forgot to mention, the stereo setup cost me a total of $52. The stereo came out of the mq, so did the 6" pioneers. The JVC cost $20 and was bought by my neighbour as a thanks for fixing his car, the phillips I have had now for almost 10 years, the fusions cost $10, the Sub came from the Mq, the box timber cost $12 and the rest of the box was leftovers stored, including 3 coats of undercoat enamel. The Audioline amp cost $30, but I also got a pair of Jaycar response 6x9 kevlars thrown into that deal for the magna. All wires are oversized and cam from either a friend in the trade for free or from my collection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12