Thread: Rear shelving

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear shelving

Almost never use the back seats,
    So I pulled them out and made up some shelving to go there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

Clunk (29th January 2014), juzzs8 (26th November 2019), Trolatron (30th January 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate best thing i ever did was remove my rear seats. but i moved my cage to behind the front seats.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sil3nt_dr3ams For This Useful Post:

threedogs (30th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very nice will follow your build, I removed the passenger seat behind the driver and made a platform for my Engel
    If I need 4 seats its only 4 bolts to put back to std
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking good mate, I would advise to fit a sheet of ply ot the front of the front legs for the water tank to lean against though, i think there is a real likelihood that you will end up with a punctured water bladder in the position over time. Looks good though.

I assume your just putting bedding and clothes bags and soft stuff on top of that shelf? Hence leaving the cargo barrier where it is? Did you make the space under the size to suit a particular Tub size? or Engel on a Fridge slide or something?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, the space on the bottom is what's left after making space for the bladder,
    I have some 4mm mdf lying around which I can line the side with, nothing to heavy will go on top, there is still some tie down brackets to go on the top so that everything is strapped down tight
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just considered doing the same thing in my GU about 3minutes ago lol. Does anyone know the legality of doing this?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    paulyg - do you know the added weight of the storage - maybe compared with the seats weights? I plan to do something similar in my car. Soon ...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwick89 View Post
    Just considered doing the same thing in my GU about 3minutes ago lol. Does anyone know the legality of doing this?
    It depends on the state your in, vicroads web site has info on seating changes, you would need to change your rego details if the change was considered "permanent".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi opinion, I haven't weighed the shelves but it feels to me to be about the same weight, I used 20mm rhs with a 1.2 wall thickness and 12mm mdf.