Thread: AB's new GQ is finally here

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On lap of 'Darrens Pinstripe Track' and it won't be noticeable - err sorry, that's where this all began didn't it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop sooking PB, my canvas bedroom looks like a granny’s patch work quilt these days :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blame the navi.

Nah that is shit AB. Im colour blind and that is miles away from a match mate. Take the car down to the paint store and get him to match it. Or ask an auto paint shop to do a code match for you. Even if you pay the guy $20 to come outside with his big colour book and get the right code then take that code to superchrap for a can.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Blame the navi.

Nah that is shit AB. Im colour blind and that is miles away from a match mate. Take the car down to the paint store and get him to match it. Or ask an auto paint shop to do a code match for you. Even if you pay the guy $20 to come outside with his big colour book and get the right code then take that code to superchrap for a can.
    Yeah no one has my code though damn it, Supercheap, auto paint shops, etc.

I'll have to take that door off and take it in I think as I can't drive it all the way to Bayswater with no flares. With the GU diffs and tyres it looks savage on the road!

I could just put the flares back on and mask up to flares too I guess.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is going to annoy you into the next dimension, drive it down to the panel guy who sprays rossco's shell and get him to colour match and spray it for you. At some point you will have to compromise on the match anyway as the back won't be the same as the sides or the roof or inside the glovebox. If thats too difficult spray it candy apple pink which would look really HOT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    If this is going to annoy you into the next dimension, drive it down to the panel guy who sprays rossco's shell and get him to colour match and spray it for you. At some point you will have to compromise on the match anyway as the back won't be the same as the sides or the roof or inside the glovebox. If thats too difficult spray it candy apple pink which would look really HOT
    Pretty well what I was saying too but ask him just to give you a paint code for his colour match. Give him $20 for his time or ask him to mix up a 1lt pot.

The guy I bought my paint from had a colour swatch book that had maybe 200 different whites!!! He would certainly be able to give you a code using his swatch book.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Yeah no one has my code though damn it, Supercheap, auto paint shops, etc.

I'll have to take that door off and take it in I think as I can't drive it all the way to Bayswater with no flares. With the GU diffs and tyres it looks savage on the road!

I could just put the flares back on and mask up to flares too I guess.
    A decent paint joint will work out a code off car.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thread dig!

Not much has happened with the old girl but I have noticed a small amount of coolant loss only when towing the 2 tonne van.

No bubbles, no oil contamination, etc so just came home with a new radiator cap from Patrolapart as I think its not been sucking coolant back in from the overflow and saw what looked like residue on the overflow outlet.

Hopefully an easy fix, I highly doubt I have a head gasket issue so fingers crossed.

Got a 110 OEM cap as well so going to hook up the van and give it a reaming!

EDIT: Pretty sure it is the cap because on the way up to Murrindindi it got a little bit hot up the slide (my famous hill) and it lost a cup of coolant but on the way back home its an easy run down hill, temps fine and just checked coolant with zero loss so fingers firmly crossed!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MB (21st November 2018), MudRunnerTD (21st November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check for bubbles in the radiator cap too while you are there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Check for bubbles in the radiator cap too while you are there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yeah as above mate no bubbles thank god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 208 of 220 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast