Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Paule starting NADS

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it should be fine you may not even notice it the only thing would be a little extra cabin heat,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks v8, is anyone driving without the turbo heatshield on
    03 ST-L auto, Dawes and needle valve, provent catch can, 3' exhaust. I want more than I got

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question, is it ok to cut the cable to length that came with my vdo pyro probe? So not the ones on the probe but the length of cable that joins to it. If that makes sense. Thanks guys
    03 ST-L auto, Dawes and needle valve, provent catch can, 3' exhaust. I want more than I got

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not familiar with the vdo gauge, but I wouldn't as it may be calibrated to that length. Curl it up and hide it somewhere would be my advice.

Lemo.
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16293&dateline=137569  2513
    2006 GU IV ST 3.0L TD Di
    Autron Boost and EGT, Dual Bat, Dawes & Needle Valves, ARB Alloy rack, more to come.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemo79 For This Useful Post:

Paule (8th April 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I've had my egr blocked, Dawes and needle valve, pyro and boost gauge in for a while now. I had it set up so max boost was at about 18psi but spool up was a bit slow, I think I was getting about 5-6psi at 100ks. So I've been trying to get it to about 10 psi at 100ks but to do so I've had to back off max boost because of hitting limp mode. I've got it to 16psi max boost and sitting at about 8-9psi at 100ks. Now when the engine is cold, even after about 10 mins, I've been getting limp mode again. I'm getting limp mode even at about 12psi until it fully warms up. I could understand if I was putting the boot in to it but I'm only taking it easy (not even keeping up with the traffic in front of me). Once it warms up it is fine. Ive heard of cold limp mode before on here, but I'm not sure what to do, I'm thinking of backing the needle valve off more but then I'll only be getting low boost at 100ks. Any suggestions would be much appreciated? Thanks in advace

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's your maf like? Had a clean lately? Your mid range boost is a tad low too. You need to wind in the needle a little to raise the mid range boost.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Paule (1st July 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has the VNT actuator adjuster been fiddled with ? It may need to be ..just my 2cents.
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

Paule (1st July 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mudski, no I Havnt cleaned it in a while I'll give that a go, ps I want to grab a catch can off you soon (no rush as funds are tight) and I'll drop your dump pipe off at the same time as I didn't end up using it. Thanks mate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Has the VNT actuator adjuster been fiddled with ? It may need to be ..just my 2cents.
    Cheers for your 2 cents boots, I did take the solenoid off the top of the turbo when I was struggling to get the heat shield off ( I now no I didn't need to), but im 99% sure that I got it all back in the exact spot it was in. I didn't touch the grub screw. If cleaning the maf doesn't work do you think I should make actuator screw longer or shorter?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been a fair while since I set mine up but from memory shorter helped . I also have a needle valve but it is fully open and have not had to fiddle with it ever.
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to boots For This Useful Post:

Paule (1st July 2014)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast