OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Tire Deflation Method

  1. #21
    Patrol God threedogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    31,636
    Thanks
    10,350
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I also have a bushranger gauge deflator but use that when airing up
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #22
    Patrol God BigRAWesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mount Gambier, SA
    Posts
    13,494
    Thanks
    15,754
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy, sorry for the thread dig.
    What's everyone's go to now for deflators?
    My ironman quicky is getting a bit long in the tooth and is leaking!
    So..
    I've seen these deflators and they seem good.
    A few reviews show you spend less time with these than the quickies but always a bit suspect.
    Anyone use this style?

    Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

  4. #23
    Breadmaker Shaker Plasnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,227
    Thanks
    6,534
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRAWesty View Post
    Howdy, sorry for the thread dig.
    What's everyone's go to now for deflators?
    My ironman quicky is getting a bit long in the tooth and is leaking!
    So..
    I've seen these deflators and they seem good.
    A few reviews show you spend less time with these than the quickies but always a bit suspect.
    Anyone use this style?

    Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    I donít know those ones Westy. Iíve got the Stauns in that type but havenít used them in years. My lazy arse likes them but my OCD likes the Currie deflator even though my legs and back friggin hate it.

    If it was for a day on the beach Iíd be happy to use the spring loaded deflator but for touring Iíd do it properly. IMHO.

    What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

    BigRAWesty (21st February 2024)

  6. #24
    Patrol God BigRAWesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mount Gambier, SA
    Posts
    13,494
    Thanks
    15,754
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    I donít know those ones Westy. Iíve got the Stauns in that type but havenít used them in years. My lazy arse likes them but my OCD likes the Currie deflator even though my legs and back friggin hate it.

    If it was for a day on the beach Iíd be happy to use the spring loaded deflator but for touring Iíd do it properly. IMHO.
    I guess the big change to the new style from the Stauns is you can visually adjust on the fly. No need to bench set like the stauns.

    However I have been thinking about this more and they are still limiting a bit.
    Do you set 2 to 20 and the other 2 to 15?

    Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

  7. #25
    Breadmaker Shaker Plasnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,227
    Thanks
    6,534
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRAWesty View Post
    I guess the big change to the new style from the Stauns is you can visually adjust on the fly. No need to bench set like the stauns.

    However I have been thinking about this more and they are still limiting a bit.
    Do you set 2 to 20 and the other 2 to 15?

    Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Yes because they couldnít be adjusted when out and about I had two set at 18 and 2 at 25, but god knows what theyíd deflate to now! Been a while since they were used.

    Sounds alright if those new ones can be adjusted on site though. How accurate are they?

    What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

    Hodge (22nd February 2024)

  9. #26
    Patrol God
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,606
    Thanks
    5,708
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Call me old skool. But I never bought into those valve pulling/mangling thingamajigs. Good ol' trusty ARB analogue gauge all the way any day. Coupled with "Indeflate" for equalizing, 2-at-a-time action in recent years. Best purchase ever. Inflating as well.
    Time wise I've beaten pants down folks who use those valve destroyers. Can remember one of the Tallarook forum trips (or was it the Wombat trip at Matts house?), where 2 wheel changeovers happened due to fcuked valves before we even met the first hill.
    2005 TD42TI

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

    BigRAWesty (23rd February 2024)

  11. #27
    Breadmaker Shaker Plasnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,227
    Thanks
    6,534
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Call me old skool. But I never bought into those valve pulling/mangling thingamajigs. Good ol' trusty ARB analogue gauge all the way any day. Coupled with "Indeflate" for equalizing, 2-at-a-time action in recent years. Best purchase ever. Inflating as well.
    Time wise I've beaten pants down folks who use those valve destroyers. Can remember one of the Tallarook forum trips (or was it the Wombat trip at Matts house?), where 2 wheel changeovers happened due to fcuked valves before we even met the first hill.
    Mate that indeflate jigger looks the goods! Hadnít heard of it until your post and had to YouTube it.

    What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

  12. #28
    Expert pollenface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 206 Times in 147 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have a simple thing I screw on and it does the job, I just watch until the tyre looks baggy enough and then detach

    I think it's a bit of hose and attachment that I cut off another dead 12v compressor
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

  13. #29
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    8,683
    Thanks
    22,934
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always another totally over the top, Buck Rogers 25th Century nutters methodology for deflation/inflation like my GU custom extra cab coily ute Shed Queen



    Merely took an ARB twin compressor, 20L external storage tank, moisture trap/drain, 240v inverter, 9m air hose reel & a digital 240v inflator/deflator, cheap as chips

    With dodgy knees and the like, created a wacky system that in fact was wanky/exciting to clip onto valves and set/forget until audible beeps/switch tyres every say 90 secondsÖ..tyre size dependant
    Matchsticks/Twigs and a guage work well too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

    BrazilianY60 (15th March 2024), Cremulator (26th February 2024), Hodge (27th February 2024), PeeBee (26th February 2024)

  15. #30
    Patrol God BigRAWesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mount Gambier, SA
    Posts
    13,494
    Thanks
    15,754
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it looks like I'll be giving these TT deflators a crack lol.
    Gotta love birthdays lol.
    Set to 18psi and will give them a crack tomorrow on the sand..

    Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

    AB (15th March 2024), Cremulator (15th March 2024), MB (18th March 2024), MudRunnerTD (17th March 2024), Plasnart (15th March 2024)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •