Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to install a 6.5 to replace my zd30

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats interesting and a good price for a 2010 with this conversion. I never contacted Brunswick Diesel as it's to far but as said Bullet Cars QLD stated 7/2006 is the latest year a Mechanical Injected Diesel can be installed. I hope it comes with RWC and Engineered Emissions Plate?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they come with a RWC due to the fact it's in wa and we done have those over here but it comes with engineering plates and and such. But they are affiliated with a company in qld

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 93patrol View Post
    I don't think they come with a RWC due to the fact it's in wa
    yep realise that, Tassie is the same, but you still need a RWC if bringing into Vic or Nsw etc. I read somewhere a person brought a Brunswick Converted Patrol into Vic and Vicroads didn't accept the vehicle, what reason i don't know and i don't know if it got resolved? just have to be wary bringing any modified car interstate for re registration.
    On the other hand I brought a tassie modded Jeep (4" lift n 35" tyres) done to VSB14 New National Regs and i was easily able to get it registered in Vic, but engine was standard.

This is why i'll deal with Vic companies for my Engine Swap, just easier/ less stress to do it in the state you reside.
    Last edited by MALS-GU; 13th April 2014 at 03:21 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 805 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you would have to run it past vice roads next time you have to get your RWC for your car now see if there's an issue or not

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MALS-GU View Post
    Problem is if you want a V8 there's not much choice these days, getting off track but ...)
    I am an infrequent visitor on this site. Much more at home at the Patrol forum in South Africa where I am based.
    A few years back I replaced my ZD30 with a Lexus 4l v8 (the 1UZ engine). Of course the quality of the conversion is key for it success, but can't help to think why this conversion is not more popular in Australia. The 1UZ gets imported from Japan from decommissioned cars there and is consequently dirt cheap. It has become the most popular after market conversion in SA for various models. Not just 4x4s.
    Performance is similar to the TB48 but consumption is better. Still with lots of potential if supercharged.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...I may have to bow out of this site soon as I'm looking to build a New Jeep JK ... thought id go with Patrol, but the JK and Melbourne Jeep Club is calling me back.
    Attachment 43927Attachment 43928
    Jeeps are great vehicles, but the thing with the Patrols is that besides being strong and capable, it is also great for overlanding, packing space etc.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok its official, bought a new Jeep last week, i got another Shorty in Commando Green Color, love that color.
    Now if Nissan ever brought the Shorty back to Australia i could of cosidered one of those, they were great fun, a mate of mine had one. I saw that Overseas they can still get them, GU Models! why did the ozzies miss out? there was and still is a big fowling of Nissan SWB Owners, Nissan must of missed out on millions not keeping them in Aus?

Ok got a new 4x4 to build now, a HEMI 6.4lt is going in.
    The Hemi kit for 2012-2014 JK's was just released last April. Its the better option, i can use the same Auto Box, its like a factory fit using Chrysler Looms and ECU, Kit comes with everything you need, radiator, engine mounts, exhaust, the lot! it really is Plug and Play, and much cheaper than doing a one off Custom GM install.
    I'm outa here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MALS-GU; 11th May 2014 at 05:26 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poles like to put the motors from Chevrolet. Volume 6.2 atmospheric V6, and 6.5 turbo V8.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just priced a 6.5 Supercharged Chev Diesel April/14 from BULLET SUPERCHARGERS
    The latest model Patrol that can have this engine is 7/2006 due to emissions.
    P400 6.5Lt
    4L80E AUTO
    Total 46Grand! I almost fell over when he told me that.

For that money your better off going with a modern Duramax 6.6 it passes all emissions in later model cars
    Totally concur.

That said I still love my 6.5 turbo...(I have to it still got a couple of years warranty...LOL) but cost is listed here https://www.brunswickdiesels.com.au/engine-conversion OK well it was...but in Feb 20 with engine, turbo, inter-cooler, adapters, cooling system and radiator full installation all fittings and plumbing and engineering on Truckus was 27000 AUD (cartage to and from is what ever you can arrange)

If that helps...I also spoke to a bloke who did his DIY, and he reckoned he wished he had paid to get it done by Brunswick as all the extras really add up and then there is the time and the sweat.

They also do the P400 cobra diesel conversion now ass well!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put in a ls3.Just done it goes awsome.Brand new ls3 around 11,000 dollars.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast