Thread: Attention Mobile users - Important

Thanks
    Thanked 20,751 Times in 8,576 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation Attention Mobile users - Important

As most of you know we have upgraded to a new software.

This new software enables us to have our own mobile version of the forum that we have full control of.

Next week I will be playing around trying to implement this new feature so at some stages next week you may see a completely new look to the forum if you access it via a mobile device or Ipad, tablet, etc.

MC and Tappa will continue as normal, this will only effect users who access the forum via their devices through a browser such as Safari, etc.

Moving forward with this, once we are happy with the new mobile version we will be shutting down MC and Tappa.

Small steps at the moment but just dont freak out if you see a completely new look to the forum next week when you log in.

I will be doing a lot of tests next week so it will be switching to and from mobile look to normal website look all week until I am satisfied with it then it will be switched over.

I will not remove MC or TT until we are all happy and plenty of notice will be given of course.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

93patrol (18th January 2014), Alitis007 (18th January 2014), BigRAWesty (18th January 2014), Bloodyaussie (18th January 2014), Clunk (18th January 2014), Drew (18th January 2014), JoeG (18th January 2014), my third 256 (18th January 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (18th January 2014), NP99 (19th January 2014), oncedisturbed (18th January 2014), Stropp (18th January 2014), threedogs (18th January 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just letting everyone know that I'm back onto this again and will be looking at setting up the mobile version again this week.

I understand that at this point you cannot upload photos using the mobile version but looking into developing a way to do this soon.

There's a lot of reason why I need to do this but I'll explain another time.

So just letting you all know for anyone using the forum on their mobile browsers that you may see some intermittent changes here and there.

Don't forget you can manually change it back to the normal view at anytime by pressing the button located on the bottom left of the home page of forum.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

93patrol (30th January 2014), BigRAWesty (30th January 2014), Clunk (31st January 2014), MudRunnerTD (29th January 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (29th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi folks,

I just reactivated the mobile version of the site. I will have a play around for the next few weeks trying to fix things.

Basically when you go to the forum using your mobile device or iPad, Android tablet, etc (not the MC or TT apps) then you will see the mobile version.

To revert back to the normal forum display simply scroll to the bottom and click on FULL SITE as shown below.

IMG_1319.jpg

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (3rd February 2014), MudRunnerTD (3rd February 2014)