Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Visitors when camping

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I woke in the middle of the night after feeling something move on my arm.. Turned on the flashlight only to find that what I'd felt was blood trickling down my arm, which by this time was covered in it. Took every bit of will power I had to remain calm long enough to figure out that half a dozen leaches had stowed away on me during camp setup earlier in the night. Not one of the most pleasant camping experiences I've had!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LachDiggityDog View Post
    We had a Coastal Taipan come straight through our campsite at Straddie while we were all eating breakfast. My mates wife spotted it first and we all got out of the way and do you know what? We could all tell the snake was appreciative of us letting him pass. A very large beautiful snake but scary scary venom!
    That is a very confident snake. Good move to step aside!

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Sleeping next to a river crossing in Lakefield Nat Park[Cape York] I was woken by the sound of my enamel cup moving,
    Whipped out the Mag-lite and found rats everywhere in our camp, I woke the other two up and hooked up the spot light.
    there were tiapan snakes everywhere as well,, chasing the rats, we shot 2 tiapan in 2 minutes, and slept in the car

They are called kangaroo rats

and too all the women. now you too can pee on a tree next to your old man
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Female-Ladie...item27daedd721
    @threedogs
    John,
    That's about my worst forkin nightmare!

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    was back in 83 we considered ourselves the great white hunters, yeah right.
    slept in the 4x4 that night, in the daylight all was good, went to fill the billy for a cuppa in the morning.
    swear black and blue a Croc was looking at me as I dipped the billy in the creek crossing to get some water.
    Hairs on the back of my neck stood up, could not get back to Cooktown quick enough

Was in Lakefield National Park. Driver got us lost going to the Tip but again a magical spot in FQ
    Last edited by threedogs; 1st February 2014 at 02:44 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234